Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Julien, Durey Cadwell To Miss Part of Upcoming Season

UL Basketball Basketball Injuries

Cajunsmike, maybe you can help here but did I read correctly that Cadwell and Julien are once again going to miss time with injuries to start the year? Something about having more surgeries? This doesn't sound too promising.

Default Re: Basketball Injuries

We shouldn't be relying on either one of these guys. Both have history of knee surgeries, Kobe having now torn both his ACLs. Will be surprised if either are able to play heavy minutes at all in the rest of their careers.

I caught bit and pieces (1420 app was going in and out) of Coach Marlin’s interview on the Coach Napier show last night. I didn’t get all of the details but I believe he said both were going to have some cleanup done and could possibly be ready to play around the first of February.

What's the outlook on this upcoming basketball season? Any idea?

I feel really bad for Kobe, he is arguably the best player on the team and unfortunately can not see the court.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    What's the outlook on this upcoming basketball season? Any idea?
    I don’t remember what year of the rebuild we are in now, but it certainly doesn’t look to be ending.

If he said they are having some cleanup done, that will be the second time for them as Kobe and Bryan Au both already had cleanup a month or two ago according to Marlin.

Are multiple “cleanup”operations common for this type of surgery?

Would it make sense to question the ability of the doctors/surgeons Basketball team is using?

9. Default Re: Basketball Injuries

All that’s important is for both these young men to heal with as little long term issues as possible. That might mean an end to very promising careers.

Coach was on with Scott Prather this morning. He confirmed those guys had follow up surgery two weeks ago. They could be available sometime in January. Early February is worst case. No need for them to sit as everyone gets this year back. Starting lineup expected to be Russell, Wilson, Au, Gueye, and Awkuba.

11. UL Basketball Kobe Julien, Durey Cadwell To Miss Part of Upcoming Season

Coach Bob Marlin:"I feel for both Kobe and Durey. I also feel for our fanbase who will miss watching and supporting their play during some of the 2020-21 season."

Default Re: Kobe Julien, Durey Cadwell To Miss Part of Upcoming Season

Oh boy, here we go again.

13. Default Re: Basketball Injuries

Isn’t that the same group we finished with?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Isn’t that the same group we finished with?
    No. Au and Awkuba are newcomers.

Default Re: Kobe Julien, Durey Cadwell To Miss Part of Upcoming Season

I still think we are going to be pretty good. Wilson, Russell, Au is the best guard trio we have seen under Marlin. If Awkuba can just protect the rim, and Richards can spell him, we will be good defensively. And if Butts is the shooter that everyone expects him to be, he will be starting pretty quick.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information