Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: G7: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This is your problem, you use as part of your argument the notion that we feel LL "is without flaw". Seriously? Do you seriously think that's what us defenders believe? I know he's not without flaw. I know that he struggles with touch passes to running backs and he doesn't always run when he should and his completion percentage is off this year by 8 or 9 points. There is absolutely nobody claiming he is without flaw though. That's absurd to even suggest. Last I looked, a QB was supposed to lead their team to victory. He's done that better (statistically) than any other QB we've had.

I see QB's across the country missing easy throws at times. It's not like this doesn't happen or its not apart of the game. It's just odd that you and others think he's the biggest problem we have (as yall have stated numerous times) when the rest of the team is not playing as well across the board but yet we are 6-1?
    I love our record, 6-1. I want to see the team play better, including the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I love our record, 6-1. I want to see the team play better, including the QB position.
    I bet Levi himself would continue to say he needs to play better. We also need to recognize a positive from yesterday. Neal Johnson showed he may be the difference making TE we have not had since LaDarius Greene. Had our longest pass play of the day on a 47 yarder and three key catches on the winning TD drive. His continued development may allow the passing game to improve substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I bet Levi himself would continue to say he needs to play better. We also need to recognize a positive from yesterday. Neal Johnson showed he may be the difference making TE we have not had since LaDarius Greene. Had our longest pass play of the day on a 47 yarder and three key catches on the winning TD drive. His continued development may allow the passing game to improve substantially.
    I agree, that's certainly a positive.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And several more overthrown, underthrown, or poorly thrown passes. Add to that poor decisions on when to run and when to stay in the pocket. It’s all about the eye test. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence...and ability to retread tires or wipe down tables...could plainly see that our QB play is ABYSMAL.
    ......think he extends plays by avoiding tackles as well as any QB in UL history......also predetermined QB draws have won us some games!

Blah Blah Blah on the first part.

First, I don't think LL is the only reason for our struggles, he is definitely a part of it though, and if you can't see it, nobody is going to convince you, so believe what you want. I do agree the WR's are part of it and OL is too. To simply imply LL is without flaw and those bad decisions, taking sacks on precious yardage before a FG, or throwing very inaccurately, or throwing jump balls is a sign of a high level of performance at the QB position then you are completely wrong and are blind.
    Levi has been sacked seven times this year. Only once in opposing territory. We made a FG on the next play. I think you're grasping, there.

And, I'm going with my analyst on my next statement. Our wide receivers haven't helped much at all. Levi's completion percentage would be perhaps higher than last year without drops, incorrect routes, etc. That's part of our receiving corps growing up.

Easy to blame the quarterback. Too easy sometimes.

He has flaws. If he didn't, he'd be at Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Levi has been sacked seven times this year. Only once in opposing territory. We made a FG on the next play. I think you're grasping, there.

And, I'm going with my analyst on my next statement. Our wide receivers haven't helped much at all. Levi's completion percentage would be perhaps higher than last year without drops, incorrect routes, etc. That's part of our receiving corps growing up.

Easy to blame the quarterback. Too easy sometimes.

He has flaws. If he didn't, he'd be at Clemson.
    I know we made the FG, that doesn't take away the mistake. Easy to brush off after the fact. Not a grasp, a fact. I know LL can't be perfect, nor would I expect it. We need him to be much better. That's my point. I know our record, you don't have to come back with that either. It's about improving, and is Levi improving from week to week. It's easy to blame a QB, sure, but the QB is the most important position on the field.

I just hope someday we can drag ourselves up and have a football team we can be proud of. Dreaming of a top 25 ranking and expecting to win every week.

Oh, wait.

Maybe we should try to enjoy what we have going now and not try to find every negative we can. Got it, LL needs to improve. Got it we need to play better to turn 6-1 into 12-1. But does it need to be beat into the everloving ground all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I just hope someday we can drag ourselves up and have a football team we can be proud of. Dreaming of a top 25 ranking and expecting to win every week.

Oh, wait.

Maybe we should try to enjoy what we have going now and not try to find every negative we can. Got it, LL needs to improve. Got it we need to play better to turn 6-1 into 12-1. But does it need to be beat into the everloving ground all the time?
    Only when people dispute it.

So until you get 100% agreement on your assessment we should expect the negative to be brought up ad nauseum?

The coach who has brought us to 11-3 and 6-1 thinks the guy who QB'd those games should still be starting. He evidently disputes it. Ima roll with his opinion.

So until you get 100% agreement on your assessment we should expect the negative to be brought up ad nauseum?

The coach who has brought us to 11-3 and 6-1 thinks the guy who QB'd those games should still be starting. He evidently disputes it. Ima roll with his opinion.
    For the record, you are continuing this conversation. You must want to talk more about it.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Love the Cajuns

LOL. Again, nobody disputes it. We just defend him because guys like you and Hawk and JMV constantly bag on him, especially during the in game threads. You say things like "He's garbage" or "He's not the answer" or "he makes horrible decisions and his accuracy is terrible". These things are overstated and overblown and just about everyone out there knows it but we have to constantly see it so we end up defending it.

You ought to show up for the in-game threads. It's a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    LOL. Again, nobody disputes it. We just defend him because guys like you and Hawk and JMV constantly bag on him, especially during the in game threads. You say things like "He's garbage" or "He's not the answer" or "he makes horrible decisions and his accuracy is terrible". These things are overstated and overblown and just about everyone out there knows it but we have to constantly see it so we end up defending it.
    Ok, here we go again.

First, that's what dispute means, you might want to look it up.

Secondly, many people point out issues with the QB position. I don't say he's garbage and I never have. You are showing your incompetence. Things are sometimes overstated by some and that happens both ways.

Too bad you have to constantly see it. It's not going away. If it didn't happen, nobody would post about it. When it happens, people post, and that's what game threads contain, posts about the game. Good and bad.

15. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

I have always had this uncanny ability to mentally separate what a fan(atic) in the stands says during a game, and what he says on Wednesday.

A chink in my ability, is that we now sometimes have games on Wednesday.

My abilities equilibrium has been thrown off course.

It's ok, I'll be alright.

The Leviathan is one of the best QBs (for the times) that UL has ever had.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information