Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24

Thread: G7: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You ought to show up for the in-game threads. It's a hoot.
    No thanks, I'm enjoying the 6-1 season too much.

I swear, if you woke up from a 5 year nap and read one of these threads you would think we were 1-6 and being QBed by a donkey.

If Levi Lewis was Levi Boudreaux from Breaux Bridge and was 17-4 with his stats, Ragin Pagin would be lobbying to retire his number and put a statue of him outside Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    No thanks, I'm enjoying the 6-1 season too much.

I swear, if you woke up from a 5 year nap and read one of these threads you would think we were 1-6 and being QBed by a donkey.

If Levi Lewis was Levi Boudreaux from Breaux Bridge and was 17-4 with his stats, Ragin Pagin would be lobbying to retire his number and put a statue of him outside Cajun Field.
    You make it sound like there is only one voice on live game threads. That is not true.

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

He is

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have always had this uncanny ability to mentally separate what a fan(atic) in the stands says during a game, and what he says on Wednesday.

A chink in my ability, is that we now sometimes have games on Wednesday.

My abilities equilibrium has been thrown off course.

It's ok, I'll be alright.

The Leviathan is one of the best QBs (for the times) that UL has ever had.
    Wrong. Levi just happens to be the QB on some of the best TEAMS the Cajuns have ever had.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Wrong. Levi just happens to be the QB on some of the best TEAMS the Cajuns have ever had.
    You just sold me on Levi.

Thanks.

ps, not that I wasn't already.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Close. Levi is part of what has made the last two Cajun Teams two of the best Cajuns Teams they have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Close. Levi is part of what has made the last two Cajun Teams two of the best Cajuns Teams they have ever had.
    I disagree. He has benefitted most from the players around him. He's mediocre, at best. A good to great QB would have been undefeated last year, IMO.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

I disagree. He has benefitted most from the players around him. He's mediocre, at best. A good to great QB would have been undefeated last year, IMO.
    C’mon man

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    C’mon man
    My sentiments

Well this is the argument that will not go away. You can say that but then there's reality. How many "great"QB's are we seeing at our level? That also means you have to subjectively put a comparison to someone who you would consider great. We could have had Justin Fields as our QB last year and I don't know if we would have beaten App State. They controlled the LOS on both sides,dominated both our our lines and were in LL's back pocket from the snap all game.

This year, while some of his numbers are slightly down, I agree with Jay when he mentioned things like a OL that has not played all that good and young, inexperienced receivers to throw to. Yet, there are several games this year where he's accounting for 50% or more of our total offense because our running game has been off by a lot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Ok, here we go again.

First, that's what dispute means, you might want to look it up.

Secondly, many people point out issues with the QB position. I don't say he's garbage and I never have. You are showing your incompetence. Things are sometimes overstated by some and that happens both ways.

Too bad you have to constantly see it. It's not going away. If it didn't happen, nobody would post about it. When it happens, people post, and that's what game threads contain, posts about the game. Good and bad.
    You all of a sudden are oversimplifying statements made in the in game threads. Those things HAVE been said. Maybe you didn't say it but others have and you're in the group bagging on him constantly. You might want to look up the word dispute though. Nobody here as said he is "perfect" or has even been great this season. We are not disputing that.

And no, I guess its not going away. It's also only a handful of people that "see" how bad LL is I guess so you guys must be the only trained objective eyes out there so I'll defer to you.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Frankly I don’t understand the need to bang on young people doing their best. Doing what the university asks, and their coaches teach. LL isn’t a Billy recruit, so if he’s playing and is greatly lacking it’s a Billy problem. He’s had three recruiting classes to do better. Crushing the young man is rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Frankly I don’t understand the need to bang on young people doing their best. Doing what the university asks, and their coaches teach. LL isn’t a Billy recruit, so if he’s playing and is greatly lacking it’s a Billy problem. He’s had three recruiting classes to do better. Crushing the young man is rather pointless.
    This.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24

Thread Information