Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: G7: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 27, Arkansas State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Levi’s numbers once again are better then the opposing qb or in this case qb’s. But all you read on the game thread is how terrible he is. It’s getting ridiculous from some on this board. He’s the most successful, winning QB in this historically bad programs history.

I’ll say this. If our offensive lineman were playing their position at the level Levi is playing QB we would be undefeated with a couple blowouts.

6-1 and 3 straight against asu!!! Good day to be in that number!!
    Statistics only tell part of the story. So, Pare and Jones (RB's Ark St) rushed for more than Mitchell and Ragas respectively. Would you think they are better? I would not.
    We have very little down-field passing, most of the yards are yards after the catch. That's not necessarily all LL's fault, it's Napier's offensive strategy. It's not just about stats, it's about what people see happening on a particular play.

There were 4 completions that the ball traveled over 20 yards. I don’t know what you’re arguing.

Good win for the Cajuns and great to be 6-1. The most disappointing thing was the fact that there were seat nazi’s out in force creating more action in the stands than on the field. They didn’t mess with us, but used no common sense with others around us just cause they were not sitting on a fricking dot, even though there were no others sitting within at least 15-20 feet!!!! Ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary! ��

I struggled with this too. “Ushers,” I guess you can call them. A buddy and me tried to sit in section O, which is general admission and were told to go sit in the upper decks because that was the only GA seating. We didn’t sweat it, just walked one section over and sat. Section O is indeed GA.

The game day crew is just doing what they’re told. I think (know) that what they are told is not always consistent. It never will be.

We’re all trying to live in a Covid world. Ask Norte Dame. In an act of defiance of social distancing, several thousand people rushed the field after they beat Clemson. Honestly, it was refreshing to see. Masks and all.

If there isn’t a story about that and maybe a fine on Monday, you have a story. I’m pretty sure the majority of the university and all of the fans on the field could care less.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Go_UL View Post
    Our coaches are over rated. It will come back to bite us in the ___.
    Napier coaches like a wimp.. Scared.
    I will take that mode gladly if I can get a lock on a 17-4 record over the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    There were 4 completions that the ball traveled over 20 yards. I don’t know what you’re arguing.
    And several more overthrown, underthrown, or poorly thrown passes. Add to that poor decisions on when to run and when to stay in the pocket. It’s all about the eye test. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence...and ability to retread tires or wipe down tables...could plainly see that our QB play is ABYSMAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Good win for the Cajuns and great to be 6-1. The most disappointing thing was the fact that there were seat nazi’s out in force creating more action in the stands than on the field. They didn’t mess with us, but used no common sense with others around us just cause they were not sitting on a fricking dot, even though there were no others sitting within at least 15-20 feet!!!! Ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary! ��
    Totally agree. I was told to move over 2 feet to sit on the blue stripe when there was no one else anywhere in the area. And it's ridiculous to still have the 25% limit, or whatever it is. Also, there is no reason for the cheerleaders and band not to be on the field. The whole thing is crazy.

i had a friend at the game that had reserved seat tickets, so he came and got me and brought me sow that we could sit and so I wouldnt be on the hill or upstairs. Have to say the seat nazi in that section was all over the place

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    First time we run the "al riles" play all year and it goes for td. Also believe that's flemings 1st TD
    Damn RIP AL

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Statistics only tell part of the story. So, Pare and Jones (RB's Ark St) rushed for more than Mitchell and Ragas respectively. Would you think they are better? I would not.
    We have very little down-field passing, most of the yards are yards after the catch. That's not necessarily all LL's fault, it's Napier's offensive strategy. It's not just about stats, it's about what people see happening on a particular play.
    This is not accurate at all. Our receivers are consistently covered and one of the big reasons we don't have as many big plays this year as last is their inability to make the big play after the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This is not accurate at all. Our receivers are consistently covered and one of the big reasons we don't have as many big plays this year as last is their inability to make the big play after the catch.
    It's accurate with how our offense is currently playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Totally agree. I was told to move over 2 feet to sit on the blue stripe when there was no one else anywhere in the area. And it's ridiculous to still have the 25% limit, or whatever it is. Also, there is no reason for the cheerleaders and band not to be on the field. The whole thing is crazy.
    Experienced the same thing. We had our season tickets reassigned because of covid, and we’ve sat there all season, Saturday they told us we had to move because our seat didn’t have a red dot. I didn’t move and asked the young lady to get her supervisor. Supv never came. It would have taken the police to move me.

It's accurate with how our offense is currently playing.
    I understand you have a belief and it aint changing. It's similar to the whole democrat-republican thing in politics that it doesn't matter how much sense something makes, the other side is just going to fight it. You are going to think LL is the reason for our struggles but I think he's the reason for our WINS.

He's second in the league in total yardage per game but he's our issue on offense. Even though we are averaging nearly 90 yards less per game and our receiving corps is green and inexperienced and our line has not played as well. But he's our single biggest issue.....

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I understand you have a belief and it aint changing. It's similar to the whole democrat-republican thing in politics that it doesn't matter how much sense something makes, the other side is just going to fight it. You are going to think LL is the reason for our struggles but I think he's the reason for our WINS.

He's second in the league in total yardage per game but he's our issue on offense. Even though we are averaging nearly 90 yards less per game and our receiving corps is green and inexperienced and our line has not played as well. But he's our single biggest issue.....
    Blah Blah Blah on the first part.

First, I don't think LL is the only reason for our struggles, he is definitely a part of it though, and if you can't see it, nobody is going to convince you, so believe what you want. I do agree the WR's are part of it and OL is too. To simply imply LL is without flaw and those bad decisions, taking sacks on precious yardage before a FG, or throwing very inaccurately, or throwing jump balls is a sign of a high level of performance at the QB position then you are completely wrong and are blind.

Blah Blah Blah on the first part.

First, I don't think LL is the only reason for our struggles, he is definitely a part of it though, and if you can't see it, nobody is going to convince you, so believe what you want. I do agree the WR's are part of it and OL is too. To simply imply LL is without flaw and those bad decisions, taking sacks on precious yardage before a FG, or throwing very inaccurately, or throwing jump balls is a sign of a high level of performance at the QB position then you are completely wrong and are blind.
    This is your problem, you use as part of your argument the notion that we feel LL "is without flaw". Seriously? Do you seriously think that's what us defenders believe? I know he's not without flaw. I know that he struggles with touch passes to running backs and he doesn't always run when he should and his completion percentage is off this year by 8 or 9 points. There is absolutely nobody claiming he is without flaw though. That's absurd to even suggest. Last I looked, a QB was supposed to lead their team to victory. He's done that better (statistically) than any other QB we've had.

I see QB's across the country missing easy throws at times. It's not like this doesn't happen or its not apart of the game. It's just odd that you and others think he's the biggest problem we have (as yall have stated numerous times) when the rest of the team is not playing as well across the board but yet we are 6-1?

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information