Thread: MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

1. UL Basketball MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

CBS Spirts ranks Louisiana at #196

The rest of the story
    CBSSports.com

2. Default Re: MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

Approximately 300 teams in Div 1. So we’re ranked in the top 2/3’s. Not bad after 12 seasons.

3. Default Re: MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Approximately 300 teams in Div 1. So we’re ranked in the top 2/3’s. Not bad after 12 seasons.
    Before I get to my prediction.

You are such an optimist!

We're ranked in bottom 2/3rds.

Prediction: UL will finish in the top 1/3.

Default Re: MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There are 350 D1 Basketball teams. I wouldn’t expect any national publication to give us much respect in preseason rankings. They simply see a team that was below .500 last year and finished 8th in a 12 team conference, then had their leading scorer and rebounder transfer. I think anyone that follows the program closely would have much higher expectations. By the way the Ken Pomeroy rankings were released last night and have the Cajuns slightly higher at 158.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    There are 350 D1 Basketball teams. I wouldn’t expect any national publication to give us much respect in preseason rankings. They simply see a team that was below .500 last year and finished 8th in a 12 team conference, then had their leading scorer and rebounder transfer. I think anyone that follows the program closely would have much higher expectations. By the way the Ken Pomeroy rankings were released last night and have the Cajuns slightly higher at 158.
    I sure wish I could start everyday with the positivity that you award the Cajun Basketball Program with.

6. UL Basketball Re: MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    So it’s fine that we’re not an elite program in Division 1. Okay the landscape changed, but we’re not even upper tier mid level, and not top tier in the conference.

I’d love to be able to say we’re building, but Bob has proven he is limited even when he’s blessed with talent. So let’s all show up for a giant social we call basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    !

Prediction: UL will finish in the top 1/3.
    ROCK SOLID!

This is one of those situations where I think its nearly impossible for anyone to actually rank this year's team as there are so many newcomers and guys coming off of injury I don't know what to expect.

I’m not against bob, but really what has he done in 12 years and in the last few more importantly. At some point a clean start is needed.

10. Default Re: MBB: CBS Sports Basketball Rankings (preseason)

He’s not been in a recruiting scandal, graduated a decent number, and has never been awful. Those aren’t inconsequential to the president of the university.

Thread Information