Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Road trippin’ to Hill Country

Default Re: Road trippin’ to Hill Country

We're Lafayette natives now living in New Braunfels, just 20 min south of San Marcos. We've never been to Bobcat Stadium, only driven by while looking at campus.

Are there any events going on in San Marcos for Cajuns Fans on Fri or Sat ?

What section is everyone getting tickets? Visitor seating is identified as Section 223, but that is also right above the student section. I'd prefer to be around other Cajuns fans, since we don't know anyone from our normal crew that is making the trek to Hill Country this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKerne View Post
    We're Lafayette natives now living in New Braunfels, just 20 min south of San Marcos. We've never been to Bobcat Stadium, only driven by while looking at campus.

Are there any events going on in San Marcos for Cajuns Fans on Fri or Sat ?

What section is everyone getting tickets? Visitor seating is identified as Section 223, but that is also right above the student section. I'd prefer to be around other Cajuns fans, since we don't know anyone from our normal crew that is making the trek to Hill Country this year.

From previous experience, the student section (I got my MBA there and got student tickets while I was in the program) is sparsely populated. Most students in a normal year tailgate and then go home. It is very easy to move to the section with all the Cajuns fans.

3. Default Re: Road trippin’ to Hill Country

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Partly because the airport we fly into is in Austin. And, there aren't many, if any, full service hotels that have the proper meeting rooms, catering, etc.

The only conference road trips where we stay in the same city as the school are Mobile and Atlanta.

App State--Banner Elk or Hickory
    Troy-Birmingham
    CCU-Myrtle Beach
    A-ST-Memphis
    TXST-Austin (San Antonio if Austin is unavailable)
    I get what you are saying Jay, but Myrtle Beach and Conway are basically the same. Not sure what hotel you guys usually stay at, but from most Myrtle Hotels to Conway is only a few minutes. Granted if you stay in North Myrtle it could be a lot more, but the Airport is on the south of the Grand Strand in Myrtle, so my assumption is that you guys stay near the airport. I think it is about 10-12 miles from the Airport to the campus of CCU if I am not mistaken.

A few of us have tickets in 107

Can you suggest a public access golf course that's in good condition in NB or SM?

Landa Park Golf Course is beautiful, but will be closed on Sunday morning for a scramble I am playing in for my son's school. The Bandit Golf Club is another popular one in NB, but I have not played there.
    I don't know much about the courses in San Marcos.

We’re also in 107. A few of us mentioned about getting together at Mamacita’s for pregame. They normally allow you to eat and park there for the game.

8. Default Re: Road trippin’ to Hill Country

Safe trippin Ragin' Roadies.

Bring back a win.

We have more tickets available to our fans for a road game than a home game?

Any Cajuns out in San Marcos tonight?

ok I have been out of the loop for a few days due to Zeta what time is the game and is it on tv

7:00 ESPNU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information