Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Louisiana Soccer 2020

Default Re: Soccer: Louisiana Defeats ULM 2-0 for Sixth Straight Shutout Win

Should be on a roll against that competition. Beat winless ULM twice, Texas State (only wins over ULM, UL & LR) LR (only wins over Texas State and ULM), Tech (only played 2 matches, beat Abeline Christian) and Central Arkansas (SLC team above .500).

A- State up 6 points with two matches left, need some help to tie for first in a putrid division.

Yes, it's nice to have a winning record for a change, but these are teams we should beat every day.

https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=wsoc

2. Default Re: Soccer: Louisiana Defeats ULM 2-0 for Sixth Straight Shutout Win

I'm impressed with the direction of the program.

I expect they'll finish 2nd in the West.

One of their better regular seasons in some time.

You'll have to go back to 2014 for a winning overall record 9-8 and a .500 record in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm impressed with the direction of the program.

I expect they'll finish 2nd in the West.

One of their better regular seasons in some time.

You'll have to go back to 2014 for a winning overall record 9-8 and a .500 record in conference.
    We’re finally beating some of the teams we had no business losing to in the past. If we don’t finish second in the west, it’s a step back.

Every soccer coach we’ve had experienced an improvement year or two, plateaued, then up and down before leaving.

Soccer is one of my favorite sports. In the years we’ve had a program, I long for a team with a killer instinct and the ability to execute.

I don’t have any expectations of ever making noise in the NCAA tournament, it’s not in the SBC’s DNA. But it would be nice to have a team run thru the league and make the NCAA tournament. And have the ability to throttle bad teams and don’t let up. The loss in San Marcos this year was painful to watch, good teams don’t let that happen.

And I’m wrong, we can’t catch Arkansas State. But Texas State can catch us if they sweep this week and we drop 2. They have LR and ULM at home.

Good lord. Do I have to be the one to do this every time?

SUCK IT HOAX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Good lord. Do I have to be the one to do this every time?

SUCK IT HOAX!!!!
    Thanks Astro. It's akin to us old guys having to remind the obstacles McNeese provided politically thru the years. Neither is our friend.

I Ulmost feel sorry for them. Winless in soccer and football. Volleyball, 1-12, winless in conference. Either get an AD with a sack backed by their administration or it's getting time to drop down to FCS or lower.

6. UL Soccer Einarsdottir, Starwood Sweep Sun Belt Soccer Awards

After helping the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Women's Soccer team to its school-record sixth consecutive shutout victory, the duo of Una Einarsdottir and Lauryn Starwood were each named as the Sun Belt Conference Players of the Week, announced by the league office on Wednesday.

7. UL Soccer Preview Louisiana vs. Little Rock

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Women's Soccer team closes out its 2020 home schedule on Thursday when it plays host to Little Rock in a Sun Belt Conference match at the Ragin' Cajuns Track/Soccer Facility.

8. UL Soccer Soccer: Louisiana, Little Rock Battle to Scoreless Draw

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Women's Soccer team held a 17-6 advantage in shots but was unable to find the back of the net as it battled Sun Belt Conference rival Little Rock to a scoreless draw late Thursday at the Ragin' Cajuns Track/Soccer Facility.

9. UL Soccer Soccer Preview: Louisiana at Arkansas State

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Women's Soccer team closes out its 2020 regular-season schedule on Sunday when it visits Sun Belt Conference West Division leader Arkansas State at the A-State Soccer Complex.

10. UL Soccer UL Drops Regular-Season Finale at A-State, 3-0

Sarah Sodoma scored a goal on a penalty kick in the 12th minute and West Division leader Arkansas State added a pair of goals in the second half to earn a 3-0 victory over the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns in the Sun Belt Conference regular-season finale for both teams on Sunday at the A-State Soccer Complex.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information