Thread: No One Cares How....Just How Many...

Ragin' Cajuns No One Cares How....Just How Many...

Don't have an issue with UL winning "ugly"...Don't care about style points, just having one more point on the scoreboard than your opponent means a win, and that's the name of the game...

Default Re: No One Cares How....Just How Many...

Agree!!!

Hell yeah. I’ll take 6 or 7 more ugly wins

4. Default Re: No One Cares How....Just How Many...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Don't have an issue with UL winning "ugly"...Don't care about style points, just having one more point on the scoreboard than your opponent means a win, and that's the name of the game...
    The thing about ugly wins? They actually show you’re probably not as good as you hoped. It’s really a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The thing about ugly wins? They actually show you’re probably not as good as you hoped. It’s really a reality check.
    The other reality is the other team is better than perceived by the fans of the team your rooting for. This is the best Cajuns team I have personally ever seen. But just as they are the best UL TEAM I have ever seen, they are also getting the best effort by their opponents of any Cajun team I have seen. Something tells me people are going to finally see the eye gouging butt whipping that you all have been dying to see next week.

6. Default Re: No One Cares How....Just How Many...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The other reality is the other team is better than perceived by the fans of the team your rooting for. This is the best Cajuns team I have personally ever seen. But just as they are the best UL TEAM I have ever seen, they are also getting the best effort by their opponents of any Cajun team I have seen. Something tells me people are going to finally see the eye gouging butt whipping that you all have been dying to see next week.
    Bull's-eye

BK, I hope so, but despite tx state record, they are betterthis year. Had a few tough losses. Should have beaten Boston College in the road.

Plan on being at the game Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    BK, I hope so, but despite tx state record, they are betterthis year. Had a few tough losses. Should have beaten Boston College in the road.

And that's a real possibility. Once again, you can bet the Texas State coaches aren't sitting around & critiquing every missed opportunity & close play that UL has had where this or that freakish thing has happened to keep them from going on a tear & saying, oh well, those guys just aren't as good as we thought they were. They're looking at the complete compliment of talent & praying that the little things that have kept UL sort of bottled up continue to happen for them next week. But I don't think so.

UL is proving that they have a great 2nd half football team. And while fans get all wound up about how good you look coming out of the gate, coaches know it's the 2nd half adjustments & 4th quarter conditioning that wins games. And if UL gets going at all in the first half, which I suspect by the 2nd quarter you will begin to see UL start to pull away from Texas St. Then the 2nd half is just going to become an all out jail break because this team simply has too much talent & is too well coached not to pummel the kitty cats. IMO this will be an ugly win because it's going to get really scary ugly for Texas State come Halloween night in the 2nd half.

I agree with Bandwagon King that our schedule this year has been fairly tough. I also agree that we usually improve in the second half and last night was an example of that. Overall, I think parts of our team were better last season, particularly the offense. OL was better with guys in the pros now. Receivers were better and we particularly miss Bam Jackson and JaMarcus Bradley. Bradley usually won the jump balls. That is not to say our overall team cannot continue to improve and end up as conference champions.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

Bringing Poche’?

11. Default Re: No One Cares How....Just How Many...

Well BYU had zero problems with the PoleCats. I’m glad they got zero encouragement tonight.

excellent take. maybe the reason is bc the sunbelt has risen together

Thread Information