Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: G5: Louisiana 24, UAB 20

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 24, UAB 20

I guess we are all GSU fans today

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 24, UAB 20

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I guess we are all GSU fans today
    Yes, we are. But, CC doesn't start McCall at QB. WTF??

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UAB

Quote Originally Posted by 82Cajun View Post
    Turbine, there is the fallacy again, this is a different opponent with different skill sets. It is not a statiscal exercise. UAB and Coastal Carolina should be inferior teams to UL. We should have run the table after beating Iowa State. No sugar coating to any if this
    We are rushing the ball for roughly 80 yards per game LESS than last year and giving up more points per game. Last year, we allowed only 37% 3rd down conversions while this year it is 50%. If people still want to lay all the blame on Levi there's not much logic they are going to be willing to be force fed at this point considering you'd swear you guys act like we are 1-5. If you can't see that there are multiple areas where we are not matching last year's production then you don't want to see.

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UAB

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'm thinking the guy who covered it thought the ball was at the goal line. There's no shame if he made a mistake like that instead of letting the ball go in the end zone. Either way it was WAY too much territory for them to cover with no time outs & less than a minute left. Plus the defense was a little bit amped.
    ....that’s the point it wasn’t in danger of being a touchback...would have been something to watch as the return man had given up on getting near the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....that’s the point it wasn’t in danger of being a touchback...would have been something to watch as the return man had given up on getting near the ball!
    By principle I agree with you. But I'm thinking the young man who was on coverage lost his count on the 5 yard line & the goal line. It would have been way better to allow the ball to role & die at the four, three, two, one? Who knows? But what if the ball was at the one & the player just thought it was at the the 6 & let it roll into the end zone? That would have been aa massive failure with no explanation. Better to down the ball then have a touchback. Either way, it proved too much for UAB as their QB had yet another mistake in him & UL took advantage of it.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UAB

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    By principle I agree with you. But I'm thinking the young man who was on coverage lost his count on the 5 yard line & the goal line. It would have been way better to allow the ball to role & die at the four, three, two, one? Who knows? But what if the ball was at the one & the player just thought it was at the the 6 & let it roll into the end zone? That would have been aa massive failure with no explanation. Better to down the ball then have a took advantage of it.
    ----good points as usual by both of us-----what was the official distance of the kick---I don't remember the UL school record but the record still stands I think!!!

----good points as usual by both of us-----what was the official distance of the kick---I don't remember the UL school record but the record still stands I think!!!
    I think it was 74 yards.

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at UAB

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think it was 74 yards.
    .....and I think the guy is Steve Gossen who is also responsible for our state of Louisiana flag for pre games!..again...I think!!!

I think it was 74 yards.
    Yep, 74 official yards since the snap was from the 20. I know it's not how they calculate the yardage, but it left his foot at the 10 and landed at what looked like the 26 so 64 yards in the air with a 20 yard roll.

.....and I think the guy is Steve Gossen who is also responsible for our state of Louisiana flag for pre games!..again...I think!!!
    Steve was the one responsible for the pre game state Flag ceremony. We use the largest Louisiana flag in the world for that. Fitting for the "University of Louisiana". Unfortunately Steve passed away a couple of years ago.

Steve was the one responsible for the pre game state Flag ceremony. We use the largest Louisiana flag in the world for that. Fitting for the "University of Louisiana". Unfortunately Steve passed away a couple of years ago.
    He was a great guy, one of my favorite boosters.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 24, UAB 20

The stories he could tell. Always a great gentleman, always dedicated to the university.
    It was a sad day when he passed, but a merciful end to Alzheimer.

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 24, UAB 20

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The stories he could tell. Always a great gentleman, always dedicated to the university.
    It was a sad day when he passed, but a merciful end to Alzheimer.
    ...and his wife a doll....like the perfect couple always showing up at UL sporting events!

WOW! I really did not know he had passed. I was going through cancer treatment at the time so maybe that is why.

Steve and his wife were very, very good people and great CAJUN fans!

We miss you Steve!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information