Thread: ot: general baseball questions

Default ot: general baseball questions

1. why do current players slide with top leg so far up or to the side so they dont touch the base as soon as possible. what is the advantage? rays got burnt by it last night.

2. why do baseball players wear so many necklaces? (not talking compared to other sports, i mean compared to the general populace). its getting to the point where it reminds me of hanging out with school classmates that were from chalmette in my teenage days

3. should back foot be still or not while batting

4. and a question for dr fauci: what is it about the virus that we suddenly stop needin social distancing if you just won a championship. how does the virus know to take 15-20 minutes off and let them celebrate

Default Re: ot: general baseball questions

1. It did cost them, but often times it’s because of the force they hit the ground with pushes the foot up. It’s also a part of how some execute the pop up slide, which the Rays player shouldn’t have been doing anyway in that case.

2. I think the chains come from some of the Latin players finally having the ability to do more than just barely buy food. On some of their islands, these chains are what the “wealthy” people wear. So it’s natural for them to want to replicate that.

3. For most, it’s good for the back foot to be steady during the swing. The big exception is for the scissor kick swing. Examples of this swing are Altuve and Miguel Cabrera.

4. All of the players and umpires are in a bubble at this point of the playoffs. And they’re still being tested often. So there isn’t the same kind of need to social distance as the general public. They are in about as safe conditions as you can have.

Hope I helped answer your questions.

Default Re: ot: general baseball questions

wow. all very great answers. thank you so much. and i hope you arent banned because of it. lol

i especially appreciate number three. i will keep my eye out for that.

(4 was facetious)... lol. but same could be said for WH but media seems to ignore one and develop their own narrative about the other. also see ignoring of biden’s pilot and kamala staffers, ooops.