Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

what is Sun Belt office email, we should flood that office with emails showing our displeasure with the situation and the fact that they allowed the chicken____s to take a dive and then rewarded them for basically cheating and costing UL money in the process since the team has all of the travel expenses associated with a game that now wont be played

They need to find a way to play this game next week... I would rather play this game and be the conference champion than play in a bowl game outside the New Years 6 or playoff... GET IT DONE SBC don’t let Coastal weasel out the championship beat down!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Terrible! UL Softball was truly a National Championship contender and season cancelled.
    UL Football had the best season in program history, beating a top 25 Big 12 team Iowa State and ended season ranked in top 25 and chance at NY6 bowl and championship cancelled. This year hurts guys.
    Well we were number one in last softball ranking so if same equals champs for the chants then we were too

4. UL Football LA and CCU have very different reactions to SBC Championship cancelation

At 9:59 p.m., the Chanticleers football Twitter account had a short, direct message: "We are devastated."

Cajuns head coach Billy Napier had other ideas. At 10:25 p.m., he tweeted, "Surely we are going to reschedule this game, right ...?"

Default Re: Todja So

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    That's what I did when I was a cheerleader.

Picked up some good money, too...
    Weren't you the creator of the Chippendales?

6. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Would you expect anything less from a team that took 8 plus dives in a nationally televised game? Enjoy your meaningless asterisk championship! You know deep down you’re a fraud.
    Exactly what was the purpose of the flopping if you can say?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Exactly what was the purpose of the flopping if you can say?
    It was done when Troy was in the Red Zone. It was really obvious. On at least one occasion after the play, the Coastal player, who was not involved in the tackle or blocking was walking away, got the signal from the bench, and just collapsed.

8. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

What was the purpose? Rest, time for defensive coordinator to make the defensive call? Buy time for their offense if Troy scored?

They’re not flopping just to flop. What do you think was the purpose?

What was the purpose? Rest, time for defensive coordinator to make the defensive call? They’re not flopping just to flop. What do you think was the purpose?
    Slow Troy's momentum.... allow Coastal to regroup.... have time left should Troy score to score themselves without having to use time outs....

Keep Troy from playing fast and help their defense out.

11. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

I like the momentum interruption. Don’t believe it actually saves a timeout. The clock is wound to 25 seconds and starts as soon as the injured person is removed. Generally it takes about 15 seconds before the injury timeout starts, so that accounts for the full 40 seconds between end of play and start.

Also gives defense a little rest.

12. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

It may not be kosher, but I’d expect any coach to take advantage of the flopping rule. As they say if you ain’t cheating you’re ain’t trying.

Since player health is very high concern it’s virtually a free cheat with a get out of jail free card.

13. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

It may not be kosher, but I’d expect any coach to take advantage of the flopping rule. As they say if you ain’t cheating you’re ain’t trying.

Since player health is very high concern it’s virtually a free cheat with a get out of jail free card.
    Coastal's coach is openly and blatantly, "trying"

Default Re: Todja So

Thongs were the original masks

Default Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

What if we are higher in next ranking on tuesday or sunday? I know its a long shot....but....

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information