Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: Todja So

well they know that they have peaked a couple of weeks ago and that UL is hitting their stride and that LL was going have a 100 yrd rushing game. Make them forfeit the game, pay all UL expenses for the game and no bowl game. Hit them in the pocketbook

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

This really smells. Even if the Covid issue is true, its the conference championship. Here we are in a season where most teams have had postponements and played games into mid December and we have bowl games going into January...CMON MAN! I call BS. Where is our Commissioner on this?

3. Default Re: A lot of people saw this coming. Game canceled

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We did it when we played them. We played them at home with something like 11 players out with covid didn't we?
    They key here is "entire position group". I do not believe we had an entire position group out. And it was nowhere near 11 players for the Coastal Carolina game.

So, my question still remains. In such a situation where an entire position group is out, does the affected program have a choice to play the game? Or is it a conference rule that the game is automatically canceled with no recourse.

Brian

Am I the only one that clicked on this thread title thinking we might be recruiting the next Japanese sumo wrestling sensation to convert as an offensive lineman?

Next chance we get, release the Kraken on CCU. If Napier takes his foot off their throat shame on him.

Default Re: SBC Championship week with no ending

well every student body in the world is going to call them the chicken ____s for ever more. Students have long memories when it come to things like this

Default Re: A lot of people saw this coming. Game canceled

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    They key here is "entire position group". I do not believe we had an entire position group out. And it was nowhere near 11 players for the Coastal Carolina game.

So, my question still remains.

Brian
    Right, very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Next chance we get, release the Kraken on CCU. If Napier takes his foot off their throat shame on him.
    But CCU doesn’t care, they just went all in on Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    For everyone upset with the Sun Belt conference, Let me just say, that the SBC follows just about every rule the SEC does, and sure enough the SEC and Big 10 both have the same protocol in place for deciding champions if the championship game can not be played with Co-Champions.

The ACC protocol would have award Coastal the championship based on regular season standings, ya'll would really be mad at keith Gill if that was the case.

Pac-12 and Big 12 both would fill in the next available team, like Oregon did for Washington earlier this week. Texas was designated the fill in if either team could not play.
    Understand and agree that the SBC is following the protocol that was set. Doesn't mean someone isn't gaming the protocol.

There is literally no downside for CCU to this outcome. They are co-champions, which still qualifies them for a NY6. All reward and no risk.

You leave my girlfriend out of this.

Scott: ‘I’m sure this is disappointing for everyone at Coastal Carolina as well.’

Maggard: ‘I’ll let everyone draw their own conclusions.’

(Paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post
    Scott: ‘I’m sure this is disappointing for everyone at Coastal Carolina as well.’

Maggard: ‘I’ll let everyone draw their own conclusions.’

(Paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.)
    Maggard's silence was deafening. He knows what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Understand and agree that the SBC is following the protocol that was set. Doesn't mean someone isn't gaming the protocol.

There is literally no downside for CCU to this outcome. They are co-champions, which still qualifies them for a NY6. All reward and no risk.
    I agree this had no risk for Coastal, Im just pointing this out for all those who mad at SBC. The conference have to be really careful about covid-19 related pushback against Coastal.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    well they know that they have peaked a couple of weeks ago and that UL is hitting their stride and that LL was going have a 100 yrd rushing game. Make them forfeit the game, pay all UL expenses for the game and no bowl game. Hit them in the pocketbook
    How are you going to do that with all of the other teams that have cancelled this year?

Something odd is going on at CCU. Remember years back when Troy was dominating football? They too, had just moved up to 1A. They, too, are a small school, with little research and weak academic standards, and without a large alumni base.

And they showed up out of nowhere and started dominating the league.

Until we found out that they were using an obscure NCAA rule that allowed schools with low SAT/ACT campus average to lower their standards on recruiting. The 'Belt closed the loophole, and Troy dried up (and we all assumed Blakeney was a genius... )

Now, out of nowhere come the Chickennecks. Suddenly, CCU a) wins an NC in baseball, and within a few years b) produces an undefeated football season and a top 10 ranking.

Think about it: big schools are pouring $100's of millions into their athletic programs, and they can't get these results.

Then look at the way CCU attacked BYU's QB (twice in quick succession, and got away with it!). Look at the flopping against Troy. And now this. Coastal doesn't have the feel of a big-time program; they don't act like a solid team with a solid tradition.

So how are they winning all of a sudden? The other schools in the 'Belt need to look closer.

This is how rivalries are made. Anybody think the UL CCU game next year won’t be hotly contested?

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information