Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think a few, but we were really down players vs Georgia State/Georgia Southern and still did not cancel.

This is cr@Ponastick.
    Exactly and clemson didnt cancel against nd. Not surprising a governing body that cant find violations when players received money on tape and when another benefactor is jailed and admits paying thenplayer in court cant simply count people and implement a standard

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Can't wait to see Notre Dame take a cue from this, can't lose out on their playoff spot if they don't play in the conference championship...
    That would be the irony of all ironies. Where is that game supposed to be?

3. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

We don’t know how many players actually tested positive. Delay the championship. Already the conference is being attacked, and justly so IMO, for declaring a co championship with Coastal being undefeated and us losing to them.

this is crap, they should have to disclose the players and numbers or forfeit, chicken ____ bastards should drop out of the rankings for being pieces of gutless cow crap

5. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    this is crap, they should have to disclose the players and numbers or forfeit, chicken ____ bastards should drop out of the rankings for being pieces of gutless cow crap
    Certainly a conference championship is more important than a meaningless exhibition bowl game. The championship should be held, delayed or not instead of a bowl.

Default Re: A lot of people saw this coming. Game canceled

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Question ... in an event such as this where an entire position group cannot play due to "exposure" ... is the game automatically canceled? Or does the affected program have a choice as to whether they will play the game?

I can imagine a situation where a school says screw it ... we are playing with what we have.

Brian
    We did it when we played them. We played them at home with something like 11 players out with covid didn't we?

On a good note, the BR tv news announced the cancelation and called us UL. I was shocked they even mentioned us on TV, then even more shocked they called us UL!

Default Re: A lot of people saw this coming. Game canceled

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I can't believe the Sunbelt would even think about cancelling this game and not postponing it instead. If this is the case, I just lost a TON of respect for the Sunbelt commissioner.
    I'm surprised you had any for him at all. I had no respect for him to begin with. This is the biggest pile of crap yet. Didn't we have to play a game or two without several players? This has probably been in the works for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by redstickcajun View Post
    On a good note, the BR tv news announced the cancelation and called us UL. I was shocked they even mentioned us on TV, then even more shocked they called us UL!
    Out of curiosity, which station was it?

I wonder what position player tested positive; the holder for extra points? Deep snapper?

Coastal peaked a few weeks ago and didnt have an answer to a running LL who was going to put up 100 yds in this game so they took the easy way out. Sun Belt should make them forfeit, and reimburse UL for all travel expenses and no bowl games for Coastal so that they do not do this again in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Out of curiosity, which station was it?
    WBRZ Channel 2

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Coastal peaked a few weeks ago and didnt have an answer to a running LL who was going to put up 100 yds in this game so they took the easy way out. Sun Belt should make them forfeit, and reimburse UL for all travel expenses and no bowl games for Coastal so that they do not do this again in a few weeks
    I guess I'll be pulling for Cincinnati now.

Quote Originally Posted by redstickcajun View Post
    WBRZ Channel 2
    I figured. Their morning show executive producer is a UL alumna and a dear friend of mine. I’ll pass along your gratefulness to her.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    I figured. Their morning show executive producer is a UL alumna and a dear friend of mine. I’ll pass along your gratefulness to her.
    Her job might be in jeopardy now.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information