Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: LA vs CCU: Predict the Score

I predict that at least one CC player will be ejected from the game

Default Re: Your Send Off message for the Team

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I like that. Can we actually send a message to the team?
    Read the first post on this thread

It is GUMBO TIME!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I predict that at least one CC player will be ejected from the game

5. Default Re: Why UL should be considered for the CFP championship if they beat CCU:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I never thought I would be reading posts like this in real time.

Reminds me of 1943.
    I find it interesting that you recall 1943. Was it as Turbine or a previous life?

6. UL Football Nationally Ranked Showdown to Determine Sun Belt Champion

No. 17 Louisiana is seeking out its first win in the Sun Belt Conference Championship Game and its first league title since 2005 season when it travels to Conway, S.C., to face off with the No. 9 Coastal Carolina. Saturday's title bout will kick off at 2:30 p.m. CT and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Louisiana is looking to avenge its only loss this season, a 30-27 defeat in Lafayette on Oct. 14 to Coastal Carolina.

A win would give the Ragin' Cajuns their first win in the Sun Belt Championship Game and give the program back-to-back double-digit win seasons for the first time in program history.

Who: No. 17 Louisiana (9-1, 7-1 SBC) at No. 9 Coastal Carolina (11-0, 8-0 SBC)
    Where: Brooks Stadium – Conway, S.C.
    When: Saturday, Dec. 19 – 2:30 p.m. (CST)
    Watch: ESPN
    On the Call: Anish Shroff (play-by-play), Tom Luginbill (Analyst), Marty Smith (Sideline)
    Listen: ESPN1420
    On the Call: Jay Walker (play-by-play), Gerald Broussard (color), Cody Junot (sideline)
    All-Time Series: Coastal Carolina leads, 2-1
    Last Meeting: L, 30-27 (10/14/2020)

Game Notes:
    Ragin' Cajuns in December
    • The Ragin' Cajuns will be playing in the month of December for just the 22nd time in program history, owning a 10-11 record in those contests

20-Win Cajuns
    • Louisiana, Clemson, App State, Notre Dame and Alabama are the only schools to win 20 or more games in the last two seasons.

We Love a Good Offense
    • Louisiana has scored 35 or more points 18 times in the last three years, going 17-1 in those games.
    • Louisiana has scored 20 or more points in 18-straight games and owns a 16-2 record in those contests.

Winner Winner
    • Levi Lewis is 21-6 as the starting quarterback of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.
    • Lewis has led five game-winning drives in the fourth quarter over the last two seasons, four of which have come in 2020.

Elite Backfield
    • Trey Ragas and Elijah Mitchell are two of nine running backs in the FBS who have rushed for more than 3,100 yards in their careers.
    • Ragas and Mitchell are two of eight current running backs that have 35 or more career rushing touchdowns.
    • Mitchell and Ragas both have over 600 rushing yards this season, making them one of nine backfields in the country to have two players with more than 600 yards rushing.

Let the Big Man Eat
    • Zi'Yon Hill currently leads all Louisiana defensive lineman with 42 tackles on the season, while adding 6.0 tackles-for-loss, 3.5 sacks, two quarterback hurries two fumble recoveries.
    • One of 11 players in the league with two fumble recoveries this season.
    • Picked up one of those fumbles and added five tackles, 1.0 sack and 1.0 tackle-for-loss against Appalachian State (Dec. 4)

Default Re: CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

No looking back Louisiana wins this game big time. Why are we not painting the town red?

Default Re: Championship Week

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCajunfan View Post
    Just wanted to swing by and wish the Cajuns good luck this weekend!
    Thanks and thanks again.

UL wins 42-33

10. Default ESPN's David Pollack picks Coastal Carolina, Louisiana football in Sun Belt Champio

ESPN's David Pollack and Kevin Negandhi made predictions for Coastal Carolina vs. Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football in the Sun Belt Championship.

I don't know why, but I feel the Cajuns are going to leave no doubt in this one, pulling away in the 4th.

37-17

12. Default Re: CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

49 hours, 10 minutes.

13. Default Re: CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    49 hours, 10 minutes.
    .......l.So Now on kpel..supposedly our station leads sports with LSU’s signing class and mentions our class later....fire them or get Somebody to get them straight....also the La La on national polls....who is our Sid....get to work!

14. UL Football UL at Coastal Carolina - By the Numbers

INSIDE THE GAME

WHAT’S AT STAKE?

The winner wins the Sun Belt championship and potentially could earn a New Year’s Day Bowl if Tulsa upsets Cincinnati. It would mark the first back-to-back double-digit win seasons in school history for the Cajuns, and UL’s third win over a ranked opponent.

15. Default Re: CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

You mean ESPN1420?

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information