Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

1. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Why can’t the championship game be scheduled for after the bowl games for the two teams? Why can’t we put the championship on New Year’s Day or right afterwards to settle this matter?
    Seems logical.

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Yes, let’s play the SBC Championship game 1 week after the bowl games!

Default Re: LA vs CCU: Predict the Score

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Cajuns 27
    Credit Card U, 24
    I like that name. Howd you come up with that or whered you hear that

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I hope UAB slams CC if they play.

You talk about a resume. Trying to be impartial.

Cajuns beat then 23 Iowa state. Now top 10! On the road.

Beat the CUSA champs. On the road.

Beat App. A 7 win team.L and usual champ. On the road.

Lose a game by 3 team that beat Kansas (well done) a good App team that we beat and a good BYU team at home.

Where are we?
    I wouldn't give the Chickens credit for beating Kansas, they're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Seems logical.
    Nobody at the conference office wants this to be settled. It's as simple as Coastal being ranked above us by 8? spots in the CFP. If Tulsa were to beat Cincy, Tulsa might have actually jumped us in the rankings even with a win vs Coastal. No way they could have jumped Coastal in the rankings. Why take the chance that the SBC not get the NY6 nod with a Tulsa win?

No Championship game maximizes the odds that the conference gets a team (CCU) in a NY6 bowl. Of course the Covid chicken schitz knew all this.
    Last edited by DieHard 1280; December 19th, 2020 at 02:41 pm. Reason: Grammar check

6. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    No Championship game maximizes the odds that the conference gets a team (CCU) in a NY6 bowl. Of course the Covid chicken schitz knew all this.
    Joe Mogul has a brilliant business mind and runs CCU like business.

I suspect he cooked this up sometime during Troy week.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.___ecret-Sauce

7. Default Re: Coastal Carolina's Secret Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Where's he going to take them? C-USA?

No major conference is interested in a tiny upstart school with a negligible academic and research presence. That's why Boise State hasn't gone anywhere.

Building a real university takes a century or more; I think the only 'young' college in a major conference is UCLA, founded in 1919. But unlike states in the deep South, California richly funds all of their colleges; UCLA was hiring major scholars from their founding.

Athletics was the follow-up.

I doubt that even the AAC would take the Chickennecks.
    I don't know how far out he is planning but as an acquisition guru his wheels never quit spinning.

8. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

At this very moment thousands of Louisiana fans are breathing with motivation.

Coastal fans are breathing a sigh of relief.

9. Default Re: LA vs CCU: Predict the Score

In an alternate universe .

Louisiana just scored.
    Coastal just scared.

10. UL Football Louisiana takes subtle shot at Coastal Carolina after Sun Belt title game cancellation

Louisiana appeared to take a subtle jab at Coastal Carolina when the team released its hype video Friday for the ill-fated 2020 Sun Belt Conference championship game

Homes SO Clean

11. Default Re: Louisiana takes subtle shot at Coastal Carolina after Sun Belt title game cancellation

Video removed

Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

It is pretty unusual and somewhat amazing to see a government employee actually clamoring for more work for same or less pay, especially around the holidays when most want more time off Tip of the hat if true!

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Why? They went undefeated but didn't get a chance to play for a national championship. We might as well buy rings and declare ourselves Sunbelt champs. I would be embarrased but thats just me. They could have found other ways to award the team for an outstanding season. In 1998 Tulane went undefeated. I'm pretty sure the Boise went undefeated a couple of times in recent years. If you were a CCU player, you would show off your Belt trophy with pride? To me if they refuse to reschedule, it's a tainted championship.
    We are. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here you go.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.isolation.html

So 14 days of isolation for their DL group. So if Cincy wins, NO bowl since the 2 alternatives are 8 or 9 days out. Bet my left nut they play regardless.
    Can one position group travel together in a quarantine state? Five or six people in a van driving themselves?

Tulane:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information