Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

AGAIN,
    "We will honor both teams as 2020 Sun Belt Conference Co-Champions.""

"We WiLl HoNoR bOtH TeAmS aS 2020 sUn BeLt CoNfErEnCe Co-ChAmPiOnS!"

3. UL Football Sun Belt Conference Postponed: No. 9 Coastal Carolina and No. 17 Louisiana

Louisiana has won the West Division of the Sun Belt the last three seasons, losing each of the first two conference title games to Appalachian State.

In a season when Power Five conference teams have played few games outside their leagues, Louisiana has maybe the most impressive nonconference victory: 31-14 at Iowa State in its opener. The eighth-ranked Cyclones are playing Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game Saturday.

4. Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.uarantine.html

New CDC guidelines issued last week or so brings down quarantine/isolation periods for persons under contact tracing with no symptoms to as little as 7 days with testing.

The Chickens probably knew that as it fits right into the “no risk” cancellation of the SCG.

So next year, if we decide to cancel the game, we will automatically be declared the winner?

If we beat them in the regular season.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

OK, here's justice: Cinncinnatti beats Tulsa today. The chickensh_ts get sent to New Orleans as sbc champions to kick the dog sh_t out of the nechs, and we go to the Cure Bowl to play UCF!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns

Not happening. Ga Southern headed to NO.

Default Re: Coastal Carolina's Secret Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    People like to talk about Chadwell cheating but this guy (Joe Moglia) is shrewd, he is the real brains of the operation, he is the reason an 18 year old program is already D1.

I wouldn't put much past him and I doubt his goals are to stay in the SunBelt. Not that I blame him.
    Where's he going to take them? C-USA?

No major conference is interested in a tiny upstart school with a negligible academic and research presence. That's why Boise State hasn't gone anywhere.

Building a real university takes a century or more; I think the only 'young' college in a major conference is UCLA, founded in 1919. But unlike states in the deep South, California richly funds all of their colleges; UCLA was hiring major scholars from their founding.

Athletics was the follow-up.

I doubt that even the AAC would take the Chickennecks.

Chapstick and Mongoliar meant for each other.

If Cincy wins, I hope we get CCU IN MONTGOMERY

PS That's why things like research, active doctoral programs, enrollment, and accreditation are so important.

And facilities. And attendance.

Right now, UL may be best poised to get into a P5. Part of that is the dumb luck of geography: The Big 12 doesn't have enough teams, and we expand their footprint in a contiguous way.

A lot of other things help us. Just the names 'University of Louisiana' and 'Ragin' Cajuns' help.

But, believe it or not, after our performance on the field— in multiple sports, very important, that— one of the biggest things we have going for us is the $140 million annual research budget. That tells the higher education world that we're not imposters. UL is the real deal.

BTW, I want a bumper sticker:

UL IS FOR REAL
    GET USED OF IT

13. Default Re: Coastal Carolina's Secret Sauce

Looking at your bumper sticker.

Over the years more than a few wanted to translate "USED" into "RID"

14. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Less than 2 hours from Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Why can’t the championship game be scheduled for after the bowl games for the two teams? Why can’t we put the championship on New Year’s Day or right afterwards to settle this matter?

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread Information