Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

1. Default Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

It’s part and parcel CDS. Almost always the gods are against us. Remember the baseball gods sent rain. The basketball gods sent the flu, and NCAA, football gods 1943 not enough games, 2005 ULM can’t go so it’s stAte, now some Wuhan unverified test.

Softball an illegal UCLA player, Wuhan in 20.

Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Does anyone know how long the contact tracing quarantine period lasts? If it's 10 or longer days, and the test was done on the 17th, that would mean that the position group would still be in quarantine on the 25th & 26th which are the dates of the Camellia & Cure bowls.
    Here you go.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.isolation.html

So 14 days of isolation for their DL group. So if Cincy wins, NO bowl since the 2 alternatives are 8 or 9 days out. Bet my left nut they play regardless.

Default Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It’s part and parcel CDS. Almost always the gods are against us. Remember the baseball gods sent rain. The basketball gods sent the flu, and NCAA, football gods 1943 not enough games, 2005 ULM can’t go so it’s stAte, now some Wuhan unverified test.

Softball an illegal UCLA player, Wuhan in 20.
    I’m very ____ed off about this as any diehard.

However, the football gods gave us a second chance whenever CCU was flagged for having 2 players wearing the same number on the field at the same time. We squandered that gift away.

The Cajuns should have won that game on a last second field goal!

Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here you go.

So 14 days of isolation for their DL group. So if Cincy wins, NO bowl since the 2 alternatives are 8 or 9 days out. Bet my left nut they play regardless.
    Is the belt following those guidelines, though? I’m betting they use time + negative test to keep quarantine and isolation shorter.

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

What was the purpose? Rest, time for defensive coordinator to make the defensive call? Buy time for their offense if Troy scored?

They’re not flopping just to flop. What do you think was the purpose?
    If you watched the game, you would have heard the announcers calling them out on the flops multiple times! Stevie Wonder even saw what they were doing!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    I’m very ____ed off about this as any diehard.

However, the football gods gave us a second chance whenever CCU was flagged for having 2 players wearing the same number on the field at the same time. We squandered that gift away.

The Cajuns should have won that game on a last second field goal!
    They beat us fair and square on the 1st game.

Correct we were gifted on this and did not take advantage in the first game, but all this still sucks.
    Screw this year.

7. Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Why? They went undefeated but didn't get a chance to play for a national championship. We might as well buy rings and declare ourselves Sunbelt champs.
    We are Sun Belt Champs. Its a shared title with made up after the fact rules.

8. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

I’m going to say this. I quit listening to the announcers years ago. Too much talk about everything but the actual plays. Too much opinion about the relative merits and deficits of the teams. I do listen to Jay, and the UL tv teams.

Winning the championship does not mean you are the best team that season; it does mean you won the most important game that season. That Coastal legitimately beat the Cajuns in their first meeting would have meant nothing had the Cajuns prevailed tomorrow. It would mean that the Cajuns won the most important game to date of the season and are the legitimate SBC champions.
    Few people believe the 2011 Giants were the best team in the NFL. But, everyone believes they were the league's champion.

10. UL Football Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

They claim that the rule was in place before the season started.

If that’s the case the Roosters had many reasons to dodge the game.

11. Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

They claim that the rule was in place before the season started.
    I get it, "The highest ranked champ"

To get to that point they HAD to declare us both champs, or no one is eligible.

12. Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here you go.

Correct. It is the same rule for taking an airline flight. My wife/daughter experienced this today.

Brian

Default Re: Todja So

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    How are you going to do that with all of the other teams that have cancelled this year?

Something odd is going on at CCU. Remember years back when Troy was dominating football? They too, had just moved up to 1A. They, too, are a small school, with little research and weak academic standards, and without a large alumni base.

And they showed up out of nowhere and started dominating the league.

Until we found out that they were using an obscure NCAA rule that allowed schools with low SAT/ACT campus average to lower their standards on recruiting. The 'Belt closed the loophole, and Troy dried up (and we all assumed Blakeney was a genius. )

Now, out of nowhere come the Chickennecks. Suddenly, CCU a) wins an NC in baseball, and within a few years b) produces an undefeated football season and a top 10 ranking.

Think about it: big schools are pouring $100's of millions into their athletic programs, and they can't get these results.

Then look at the way CCU attacked BYU's QB (twice in quick succession, and got away with it!). Look at the flopping against Troy. And now this. Coastal doesn't have the feel of a big-time program; they don't act like a solid team with a solid tradition.

So how are they winning all of a sudden? The other schools in the 'Belt need to look closer.
    Troy did just fine when Neal Brown was their coach. Recall their victory in Tiger STadium. That was only a few years ago. Not sure any loopholes we closed have much impact today.

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

What was the purpose? Rest, time for defensive coordinator to make the defensive call? Buy time for their offense if Troy scored?

They’re not flopping just to flop. What do you think was the purpose?
    Troy was running a no huddle offense and moving the ball pretty much at will. They flopped to stop their rhythm, or at least try.

15. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Troy was running a no huddle offense and moving the ball pretty much at will. They flopped to stop their rhythm, or at least try.
    That being the case, Troy scored a TD and the scrawny roosters prevailed with a great two minute drive.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread Information