Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

"We never listen to or respect any decision made by the sunbelt, .until now"- signed SECspn/Disney/CCP/CHY-NA

Default Re: Todja So

The mother of biden's grandchild that he wont acknowledge also was allegedly both a stripper and before that a sunbelt "student-athlete"

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    but no worry, our ____hole conference "has our back".

More like our "backside". 😝😝😝

Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    At-a-boy Billy!!! Open challenge, you are 100% correct to call em out!
    It reminds me of when UCF declared themselves national champions and distributed rings. Embarrassing! I wonder how many of those UCF guys wear those rings.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

What does Drs. Maggard and Savoie have to say about this?? I WANT TO KNOW!!!

6. Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

I’d wear it with pride

7. Default Re: With SBC Blessings CFP Declares Coastal Outright SBC Champions

So let’s get it right? Which position was wiped out by the test? I’m pretty sure it’s not a national defense secret.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Todja So

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Some of you may remember that last week when the Scrotothroats were whining about UL having a week off, I speculated that they might use Covid to get out of playing a championship game against us.

When I saw them flopping against Troy, I knew they were worried. Troy should have been no challenge, those shenanigans were completely unnecessary. unless the Chickenhearts were starting to hear footsteps.

Unless they were going to a prevent defense.

Is there a Covid + on their team? Maybe.

But it sure is convenient. They barely beat us on a last-second field goal. Beating us a second time would get them nothing substantial, but we represented a good chance that they would lose their perfect season.
    Sure makes you wonder what the chickensh_ts would've done if there wasn't a pandemic out there. Talk about TOO convenient!!!

Reading their message boards you’d think they are a legacy program that has won championships year after year.

Chickens, this is the first time you’ve been relevant in D1 football.ever!!!

Talking down to us and calling us Lafayette just because they know it gets to us now too?

We’re not Ohio state, but we’ve been far more comparative in D1 than you ever have. We’ve also been D1 for decades longer than you.

Go back to your coop, beach chickens. No matter what the playoff says, you didn’t win a conference championship. That’s a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    This truly is unbelievable.sunbelt just being sunbelt
    How is it unbelievable? It is very believable. There is 12 million on the line for a peach bowl. Coastal is pretty much guaranteed to get in if Cincy loses. They may still get in if Cincy wins. Maybe.
    There was no guarantee if UL beat Coastal for UL. There was a chance, but it was a longer shot.
    It comes down to Money and that is a lot of money. 6 Million to Coastal. I think half of that goes to SBC and half goes to Coastal.
    Also, what was Coastal's coach bonus for going undefeated? Maybe Coastal's coach and Gill(commissioner) split it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’d wear it with pride
    Why? They went undefeated but didn't get a chance to play for a national championship. We might as well buy rings and declare ourselves Sunbelt champs. I would be embarrased but thats just me. They could have found other ways to award the team for an outstanding season. In 1998 Tulane went undefeated. I'm pretty sure the Boise went undefeated a couple of times in recent years. If you were a CCU player, you would show off your Belt trophy with pride? To me if they refuse to reschedule, it's a tainted championship.

Agree with everything you said. “Unbelievable” that this happened to us, this year, given the phenomenal year we had, given the history etc etc

13. Default Re: Billy Napier calls to reschedule Sun Belt Championship

The rings illustrated the hypocrisy of the playoff system that’s in place. They’re as much a champion as anyone.

If ISU were to somehow get to and win the championship, I’d have zero problems with UL doing the same. It’s a protest and thus exempt from everything.

The rings illustrated the hypocrisy of the playoff system that’s in place. They’re as much a champion as anyone.

If ISU were to somehow get to and win the championship, I’d have zero problems with UL doing the same. It’s a protest and thus exempt from everything.
    I get it's a protest and it's unfair how the G5 doesn't get a shot at the playoffs. I think you would have to go undefeated three years to get in. Things will eventually change.It just smacks to me as being a poor sport. The G5 should sue. I'm surprised nobody has sued them over this monopoly yet. Things will eventually change. Not sure if I'll live to see it.

I disagree but perhaps that's just me. There are otther ways of protesting. I would be embarrassed if I was a Coastal player.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information