Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

1. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

Someone said it, the ultimate flop.

2. Default Re: Todja So

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    How are you going to do that with all of the other teams that have cancelled this year?

Something odd is going on at CCU. Remember years back when Troy was dominating football? They too, had just moved up to 1A. They, too, are a small school, with little research and weak academic standards, and without a large alumni base.

And they showed up out of nowhere and started dominating the league.

Until we found out that they were using an obscure NCAA rule that allowed schools with low SAT/ACT campus average to lower their standards on recruiting. The 'Belt closed the loophole, and Troy dried up (and we all assumed Blakeney was a genius. )

Now, out of nowhere come the Chickennecks. Suddenly, CCU a) wins an NC in baseball, and within a few years b) produces an undefeated football season and a top 10 ranking.

Think about it: big schools are pouring $100's of millions into their athletic programs, and they can't get these results.

Then look at the way CCU attacked BYU's QB (twice in quick succession, and got away with it!). Look at the flopping against Troy. And now this. Coastal doesn't have the feel of a big-time program; they don't act like a solid team with a solid tradition.

So how are they winning all of a sudden? The other schools in the 'Belt need to look closer.
    For the record, they won the baseball championship in a different conference.

Default Re: SBC Championship week with no ending

Chanticleered out is my new catch phrase. Total Bullshhhhhhhh. They knew what was going to happen tomorrow and saved their perfect season. I sure hope the committee sees through this and doesn't elevate them to a NY6 if Cincinnati loses.

I'm now the biggest Cincinnati fan in the country.

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

Fire Gill for this. I’m sure the vote will be 11-1. T-Joe has a lot of irons in the fire, needs to add this one.

This is the biggest lie a commissioner dropped on UL since DICK Oliver of the SLC mailed the MBB championship trophy to USL (first championship after death penalty) instead of presenting it in person saying it was the way it was always done yet pictures were available from the prior year’s presentation.

Be thankful in all circumstances the Bible says. Yes! Thankful I can pull for Cincy tomorrow.

Default Re: Todja So

Wouldnt their membership in div 1 baseball have far preceded their fbs membership in football. since in baseball and some other sports division I is not so divided as it is in football with fbs and fcs

6. Default Re: Todja So

They've only been playing football for 18 years.

Irresponsible kids.

I like the rematch idea, if contracts can be changed.two top 20 teams in the Camelia Bowl is a huge get for that bowl. ESPN has the clout to get this done.

8. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

It's not a "rematch" its a Bowliticized Championship.

So does everyone on here truly believe if this were to happen a couple weeks from now in the playoffs that the game doesn't go on? If you think it does your fooling yourself they will hide this as if it never happened. Money will trump this bulls$%t all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Fire Gill for this. I’m sure the vote will be 11-1. T-Joe has a lot of irons in the fire, needs to add this one.

This is the biggest lie a commissioner dropped on UL since DICK Oliver of the SLC mailed the MBB championship trophy to USL (first championship after death penalty) instead of presenting it in person saying it was the way it was always done yet pictures were available from the prior year’s presentation.

Be thankful in all circumstances the Bible says. Yes! Thankful I can pull for Cincy tomorrow.
    +1!

So, if the rumor is true that a coach got Covid and tracing is the reason the game is being canceled, does that mean no actual players got Covid???? And we're canceling the game over that? This stinks to high heaven.

12. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

Yes it does stink. The Gumbo Hens were afraid to play us and risk an undefeated season and the Sunbelt powers gladly complied and cancelled the game.

When Napier tested positive, he quarantined himself. Did his testing positive cancel a game because of contact tracing? I don’t remember how that was handled.

ok, bad choice of words on my part

Ok
    Reality
    CCU flopped out of SBCG.
    NOW WHAT?
    I agree with the next best thing :
    Play them in a bowl.
    If we’re to win tomorrow , and Tulsa won, we “had a chance” to make it to a NY6.
    However, after I saw the travesty of a two loss Florida dropping ONLY ONE SPOT -after losing to a 3-5 UN ranked, BAD LSU team, leaving an undefeated Cincy team BEHIND them, I doubt that would have occurred.
    If we won tomorrow, and Cincy won, we would be back to our bowl choices that have been discussed on this board for the last two weeks (nothing really exciting)
    If we lost tomorrow, same thing.
    Now, we have a bowl with meaning against a higher ranked opponent.
    Let’s make some lemonade out of this jar of phis that CCU just dumped on us!

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information