Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 The Game that Wasn't

Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

.and the CCU coach had the gall to complain about the injustice of having to play last weekend.

They should have to forfeit, or at least UL should be declared champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post
    .and the CCU coach had the gall to complain about the injustice of having to play last weekend.

They should have to forfeit, or at least UL should be declared champion.
    What an injustice. Having to play a conference game that was on your schedule. So sorry.

I’ve seen a lot of CC fans claiming the trip to Troy was to blame. Really? Have any Troy players tested positive?

The inside intel is that it was a coach that was exposed outside of work.

Stop spewing that garbage and take your co championship. Your best season ever will now always have an asterisk next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Her job might be in jeopardy now.
    Haha! They’d be lost without her. I’ve been trying forever to convince her to come back to Lafayette, but they make it worth her while to stay in Baton Rouge.

4. Default Re: A lot of people saw this coming. Game canceled

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Question . in an event such as this where an entire position group cannot play due to "exposure" . is the game automatically canceled? Or does the affected program have a choice as to whether they will play the game?

I can imagine a situation where a school says screw it . we are playing with what we have.

Brian
    I have no doubt that whatever the position or positions affected there are multiple players on the bench that played those positions in high school.

Not that it would have been pretty, far from it.

Where there's a will there's a way.

The Saints-Broncos game comes to mind.

I like the Bowl Game Idea. That way UL kills two Chickens with one stone, conference champ and bowl champ over Coastal Covid U. Not too upset about the NY6 thing getting F'd up, Tulsa isn't going to beat Cincy.

Default Re: SBC Championship week with no ending

If the commissioner of the Sunbelt doesn't step in and make them play next week to 10 days, then he should be fired. PERIOD.

And, I hope we beat them by 50 every game we play them for the next 10 years. Just totally embarrass them for this crap.

I smell chicken scheist.
    Pflucking cowards

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I like the Bowl Game Idea. That way UL kills two Chickens with one stone, conference champ and bowl champ over Coastal Covid U. Not too upset about the NY6 thing getting F'd up, Tulsa isn't going to beat Cincy.
    Maggard is about to go on 1420. Let's hope he tells it like it is and doesn't try to sugar coat it by giving the Chickens and the commish a pass.

Default Re: SBC Championship week with no ending

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    If the commissioner of the Sunbelt doesn't step in and make them play next week to 10 days, then he should be fired. PERIOD.

And, I hope we beat them by 50 every game we play them for the next 10 years. Just totally embarrass them for this crap.
    While I agree with you the bowl games will be going on during that time period, except for the NY6 game.

50 is a good number!

Default Todja So

Some of you may remember that last week when the Scrotothroats were whining about UL having a week off, I speculated that they might use Covid to get out of playing a championship game against us.

When I saw them flopping against Troy, I knew they were worried. Troy should have been no challenge, those shenanigans were completely unnecessary. unless the Chickenhearts were starting to hear footsteps.

Unless they were going to a prevent defense.

Is there a Covid + on their team? Maybe.

But it sure is convenient. They barely beat us on a last-second field goal. Beating us a second time would get them nothing substantial, but we represented a good chance that they would lose their perfect season.

I think I may be physically ill if Tulsa beats Cincy and Coastal gets in to a New Years 6.

Great for the conference, sure. But we had our shot too and it’s been taken away without even seeing what will happen on the field. Not the time to celebrate anyone else’s fortunes. This could have been our time.

12. Default Re: SBC Championship Game Canceled Due to Coastal's COVID-19 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Haha! They’d be lost without her. I’ve been trying forever to convince her to come back to Lafayette, but they make it worth her while to stay in Baton Rouge.
    Tell her WBRZ will be the only news channel I watch from now on!

For everyone upset with the Sun Belt conference, Let me just say, that the SBC follows just about every rule the SEC does, and sure enough the SEC and Big 10 both have the same protocol in place for deciding champions if the championship game can not be played with Co-Champions.

The ACC protocol would have award Coastal the championship based on regular season standings, ya'll would really be mad at keith Gill if that was the case.

Pac-12 and Big 12 both would fill in the next available team, like Oregon did for Washington earlier this week. Texas was designated the fill in if either team could not play.

they should be barred from a bowl game this year, why put a already strained bowl in financial harms way by ducking another game. They have showed their willingness to take the easy way out already and will do it again if they dont like the matchup they get. Make them pay all of UL travel expenses for this game, forfeit the game making UL conference champion and no bowl game this year. Hit them in the pocketbook that is the only way to teach that school a lesson on ducking games

15. Default Re: Todja So

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    An ugly thought: Say CCU lost too many key players to injury.

Win or lose today, they could dodge the championship against us, simply by claiming too many Covid cases. They keep their ranking, and they win the conference championship by default.
    I couldn't remember who predicted this.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information