Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poo our pants again

UL Football Poo our pants again

Once again our chance to show the country we are to be taken seriously and we fall on our face. Napier was outschemed and out coached. We couldn’t figure out how to stop their offense. Levi Lewis is bad, I love the kid, but he is not a D1 QB, and what worries me more is that none of the QB’s behind must not be any better. Same old song and dance

Default Re: Poo our pants again

Let's face it we pulled one out of our ___ last game. Had to catch up with us sooner or later. I'm glad we were able to ride it out this long. Still lots of football to be played. hech the way this seasons going and if we can Dodge COVID long enough we may end up in the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    Once again our chance to show the country we are to be taken seriously and we fall on our face. Napier was outschemed and out coached. We couldn’t figure out how to stop their offense. Levi Lewis is bad, I love the kid, but he is not a D1 QB, and what worries me more is that none of the QB’s behind must not be any better. Same old song and dance
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself for writing such garbage. That was a great football game played by two very well coached teams with some really nice talent on both teams. The team that made the fewest mistakes while showing out won the game. It's that simple.

From reading your psycho dribble, I know this will just go right over your head. But both of those QBs were damn good tonight. One just made a bone headed play out of all of his plays & they made us pay while Washington who made a "good" play, but not an all time great play by picking their QB & going house with it because he was already looking at the house instead of the ball. Those kinds of plays were the difference. But just because their QB was excellent & we didn't make him pay the couple of times he wasn't doesn't mean Lewis is bad. I'm glad they finally opened up their offense. I wish they had done so weeks before, but that wasn't the hand the season gave Napier. So he's having to play a hand completely differently than what he planned.

And that's a BS horribly wrong excuse for a thread title as well.

So what world you live in if you think Levi was good, how many throws were behind receivers, not hard throws either. He had moments but was outplayed by a Redshirt Freshman

6. Default Re: Poo our pants again

Last team to have the ball "with time" wins this game.

Levi's running made this a ball game.

Except for the outcome this was a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Last team to have the ball "with time" wins this game.

Levi's running made this a ball game.

Except for the outcome this was a great game.
    Levi’s throwing made this a loss. Billy puts it on him to be a competent passer...and he’s not one you can count on. That’s on Napier. Play the hand you are dealt...if you aren’t gonna recruit yourself out of the situation.

8. Default Re: Poo our pants again

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    ... He had moments but was outplayed by a Redshirt Freshman
    Louisiana might face this kid again this year and again and again and again the three years to come.

Now we know what opponents felt like when true freshman Jake Delhomme as a starter turned a team with four wins over the previous two seasons into a team with just two losses in 1993.

Ignorance is bliss.
    Knowlege is paralyzing.

Freshmen are fearless.
    Seniors are scared.

ps the title of this thread is inaccurate.

pps My cute comparison is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself for writing such garbage. That was a great football game played by two very well coached teams with some really nice talent on both teams. The team that made the fewest mistakes while showing out won the game. It's that simple.

From reading your psycho dribble, I know this will just go right over your head. But both of those QBs were damn good tonight. One just made a bone headed play out of all of his plays & they made us pay while Washington who made a "good" play, but not an all time great play by picking their QB & going house with it because he was already looking at the house instead of the ball. Those kinds of plays were the difference. But just because their QB was excellent & we didn't make him pay the couple of times he wasn't doesn't mean Lewis is bad. I'm glad they finally opened up their offense. I wish they had done so weeks before, but that wasn't the hand the season gave Napier. So he's having to play a hand completely differently than what he planned.
    We lost to a triple option running team full of midgets and freshman. This was not a great game. It was Billy Napier getting thoroughly whipped. The score was the only thing close about it. A team we beat by 30...last year. No excuses for giving up 30 to these schlubs. No excuses for only putting up 27 on these schlubs. The only reason it was close...was because talent wise...Coastal is on par with most FCS teams. That makes this game much, much worse. Currently...Napier has this team completely ____ed up.

We have a running quarterback...who is being told he’s the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. We can’t get any identity as a power running team...because of that stupidity. Passing for Levi should be only used when the defense cannot take the pounding from our running game anymore...or desperation. Throwing on first down should be a paddlin.

Defensively...we just aren’t well coached. We miss assignments...play soft...and can’t tackle for ____. It’s a far cry from the HUD era...but when the offensive has its head firmly up its own ___ trying to be air raid with Jalen Nixon 2.0 at the helm...you are going to need to rely a whole lot more on the defense. You can’t blame COVID for that ____. Everyone was back. You can’t blame a long layoff for that ____...we survived against the ____ty GSU twins as well. Call it like it is Kyle. ____. This was ____. And for the money we pay Napier...losing to triple option midgets is inexcusable.

10. Default Re: Poo our pants again

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    We lost to a triple option running team full of midgets and freshman. This was not a great game. It was Billy Napier getting thoroughly whipped. The score was the only thing close about it. A team we beat by 30...last year. No excuses for giving up 30 to these schlubs. No excuses for only putting up 27 on these schlubs. The only reason it was close...was because talent wise...Coastal is on par with most FCS teams. That makes this game much, much worse. Currently...Napier has this team completely ____ed up.

We have a running quarterback...who is being told he’s the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. We can’t get any identity as a power running team...because of that stupidity. Passing for Levi should be only used when the defense cannot take the pounding from our running game anymore...or desperation. Throwing on first down should be a paddlin.

Defensively...we just aren’t well coached. We miss assignments...play soft...and can’t tackle for ____. It’s a far cry from the HUD era...but when the offensive has its head firmly up its own ___ trying to be air raid with Jalen Nixon 2.0 at the helm...you are going to need to rely a whole lot more on the defense. You can’t blame COVID for that ____. Everyone was back. You can’t blame a long layoff for that ____...we survived against the ____ty GSU twins as well. Call it like it is Kyle. ____. This was ____. And for the money we pay Napier...losing to triple option midgets is inexcusable.
    You do realize that no Louisiana opponent has lost a game outside of their loss to Louisiana, and one Louisiana opponent hasn't lost a game period?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post

And I agree with BWK? Holy ____!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    You do realize that no Louisiana opponent has lost a game outside of their loss to Louisiana, and one Louisiana opponent hasn't lost a game period?
    Don't bother

Based on talent we’ve seen, Coastal will have their hands full with the GA teams. The East is well coached. I know Jay thinks it’s Coastal who we might see again. I’m not too sure. Mistakes team made that turned out to be at critical times was difference. I was really disappointed in defenses inability to get off the field. Our guys looked gassed on last drive. OL was inconsistent. And made to critical mistakes on drives I thought we would score on. Penalties in last three games have been numerous and untimely.

as long as our defense was on the field last night any person would have been a little gassed

Here is my thing, Levi may be the best student athlete and great young person but at the end of the day his play is inconsistent when we need the plays made. And it wasn't on difficult throws. I know the false start on third and inches was huge but there were a handful of easy throws that would have kept drives going throughout the game. I'm not saying he is terrible but just not the guy to bring us where we need. On another note unless Billy takes a second tier P5 job good news is after last night he isn't going anywhere in the near future.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information