Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: G4: Louisiana 27, Coastal Carolina 30

Default Re: Final 27-30: Louisiana 27, Coastal Carolina 30

I'll say this for you guys. Most of you haven't gotten any smarter since I left. Do you guys not realize that QB from Coastal Carolina will be 1st or second round pick by the time he graduates, or after his Junior season if he decides to go pro? That was a very very good football team UL lost to tonight. I mean, I know your feelings are hurt about not being top whatever this year, but it was more likely to happen than not for UL to not go 12-0. If they learn from this & don't lose another game, They will have had back to back consecutive seasons of more than 10 wins in FBS football! Get off your pity pots people. You have something not many Cajun football seasons have had. You have a damn fine product to watch on the field. That game was better played tonight than any pro game, or other college game I've seen this year. Both teams played at their absolute highest level. the breaks just went the other way.

2. Default Re: Final 27-30: Louisiana 27, Coastal Carolina 30

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Beat by a freshman QB.
    That's what everyone said when Jake Delhomme took the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'll say this for you guys. Most of you haven't gotten any smarter since I left. Do you guys not realize that QB from Coastal Carolina will be 1st or second round pick by the time he graduates, or after his Junior season if he decides to go pro? That was a very very good football team UL lost to tonight. I mean, I know your feelings are hurt about not being top whatever this year, but it was more likely to happen than not for UL to not go 12-0. If they learn from this & don't lose another game, They will have had back to back consecutive seasons of more than 10 wins in FBS football! Get off your pity pots people. You have something not many Cajun football seasons have had. You have a damn fine product to watch on the field. That game was better played tonight than any pro game, or other college game I've seen this year. Both teams played at their absolute highest level. the breaks just went the other way.
    Kyle and calling Sunbelt talent first round picks...name a more iconic duo.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Defense kept us in the game. Offense killed us!
    WTH? You watched a completely different game than I did. We couldn't stop the run, especially when we needed to, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down (CC was 9-15 on 3rd down conversions), couldn't get pressure on the QB and when we did he just ran around for 15 yards and TOP was not even close as pointed out earlier. Our offense had one poor drive but it was not bad at all. We scored 1.3 points per minute and they scored .8 pts per minute. We were more efficient offensively but we just couldn't get stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    We have not defended the pitch man all night and they are hashing us with it. On the last drive and watched as Joe Dillon left pitch man to go get QB smh
    I agree with this. Disappointing part of our defense is we seem to be missing assignments in the run game at the LOS. I saw Dillon do that a couple of times as well as other guys. It was disappointing to not win the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Three key drops in the second have that would have extended drives...
    Two of those in the fourth quarter. Both would have been good catches. The ball was a little behind Williams and the ball got to Eli on the screen a little quicker then he thought but both catches should have been made. If so, first down and momentum. Not made, we punt, game over.

3rd down, 3rd down, 3rd down...UL couldn't convert in important situations, CC did. Not having Ferrod G on the field made a huge difference...On offense, too many missed/dropped passes, too many 3rd and longs. And the IP penalty on Max was a killer, changing from 3rd and 1 to 3rd and 6. And then E Mitchell drops a catchable ball that would have been a huge gain....I did have flash backs to Brian Mitchell seeing #1 take off on a 51 yard run...

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree with this. Disappointing part of our defense is we seem to be missing assignments in the run game at the LOS. I saw Dillon do that a couple of times as well as other guys. It was disappointing to not win the LOS.
    Also, Hill and Manac seemed to be almost non existent. I know not having Gardner made a difference, but those guys along with most of the defense couldn't stop a mediocre running game. Really bad!

We will probably see Coastal again this season and it very well may have a different outcome, this game could have gone either way. I did see some very thugish attitude from coastal over by the student section and think that the refs and the troopers should have gotten involved a couple of times, but overall a game like you rarely see and we showed well on national tv, the crowd was involved and loud, the stadium looked like it was near capacity at this time. Our team has nothing to be ashamed of this season and will win most if not all games going forward

The more things change.. the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    We will probably see Coastal again this season and it very well may have a different outcome, this game could have gone either way. I did see some very thugish attitude from coastal over by the student section and think that the refs and the troopers should have gotten involved a couple of times, but overall a game like you rarely see and we showed well on national tv, the crowd was involved and loud, the stadium looked like it was near capacity at this time. Our team has nothing to be ashamed of this season and will win most if not all games going forward
    If we continue to play like this, we won't play Coastal or anybody else at the end of the season.

This game was almost identical to when they beat us at home 2 years ago.

13. UL Football FB: UL's loss doesn't have to be devastating unless it's not properly addressed

For all those UL Ragin’ Cajuns football fans dreaming really big while enjoying a little time in the national spotlight, Wednesday’s 30-27 home loss to Coastal Carolina was naturally a huge punch in the gut.

If your expectation for this season was for coach Billy Napier’s team to go undefeated, there’s no consolation … no moving forward after the frustrating fourth quarter that left the Cajuns 3-1.

14. Default Re: Final 27-30: Louisiana 27, Coastal Carolina 30

Couple of miscues apart and this game is totally different.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information