Thread: Insurance Question

Louisiana Insurance Question

A question for you insurance guys. Does the vehicle being in the garage make it an extension of the house or is it still covered on the automobile policy. Express, Boomer or, anyone else that may know or have had a similar experience. Thank you in advance.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Default Re: Insurance Question

Vehicle insurance would apply (comprehensive cov.)

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    A question for you insurance guys. Does the vehicle being in the garage make it an extension of the house or is it still covered on the automobile policy. Express, Boomer or, anyone else that may know or have had a similar experience. Thank you in advance.
    You’re going to need comprehensive coverage on an auto policy with yet another deductible. If you read your homeowner policy flooding is excluded in all peril policy or not covered in a named peril policy. You might get FEMA help with auto deductible or lack of comprehensive coverage. Also for the record not covered on flood policy.

Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

How about neighbors tree falling over with majority in my yard?? Who’s responsible for the portion in my yard.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You’re going to need comprehensive coverage on an auto policy with yet another deductible. If you read your homeowner policy flooding is excluded in all peril policy or not covered in a named peril policy. You might get FEMA help with auto deductible or lack of comprehensive coverage. Also for the record not covered on flood policy.
    Okay, that is what I thought and just wanted to make sure. I never thought of the flooding, but it makes sense. I apperciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Vehicle insurance would apply (comprehensive cov.)
    Thanks Steve, I hope you made out okay. It looks like you might have taken the brunt of the storm in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    How about neighbors tree falling over with majority in my yard?? Who’s responsible for the portion in my yard.
    Thanks
    My neighbors tree crashed through my workshop for Laura. He (very kindly) cleaned it up for me, but he wasn't required to.

Considered an act of nature. I had to use my own insurance for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My neighbors tree crashed through my workshop for Laura. He (very kindly) cleaned it up for me, but he wasn't required to.

Considered an act of nature. I had to use my own insurance for repairs.
    Thanks turbine. But if he makes a claim on the tree would he be claiming the entirety of the tree? I don’t have any damage involved in the tree falling.

So would insurance give him the money to have the entire tree removed or do they only cover the tree portion on his property?

Much better than many my friend! Going to be a mess for a good while. Hope to see you Wednesday! Hand sign UL

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    "Hand sign UL"

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Thanks turbine. But if he makes a claim on the tree would he be claiming the entirety of the tree? I don’t have any damage involved in the tree falling.

So would insurance give him the money to have the entire tree removed or do they only cover the tree portion on his property?
    Most homeowner policies owe you zero for a tree blown onto your property be the tree yours or your neighbors. Now in Louisiana if the tree was visibly diseased or rotting the owner will be liable to his neighbor. A healthy tree or unknown disease is the problem of the property owners.

A tree falls on your fence, shed,home. Your homeowner policy is responsible to remove the tree, or limbs from such property and no more. In other words you could still be responsible for the bulk of tree debris. Lightning and fire are different perils and you can be compensated for both tree debris and a limited tree value based on policy limits.

At least that’s how it was when I retired.

Thanks

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Most homeowner policies owe you zero for a tree blown onto your property be the tree yours or your neighbors. Now in Louisiana if the tree was visibly diseased or rotting the owner will be liable to his neighbor. A healthy tree or unknown disease is the problem of the property owners.

A tree falls on your fence, shed,home. Your homeowner policy is responsible to remove the tree, or limbs from such property and no more. In other words you could still be responsible for the bulk of tree debris. Lightning and fire are different perils and you can be compensated for both tree debris and a limited tree value based on policy limits.

At least that’s how it was when I retired.
    --------Big staff meeting just ended at Terri Landry State Farm (refresher of the details) Up to $1000.00 for removing tree from the present state after removal from fence shed home etc......Getting it to the front for government pick up!!!

whats the deal with one health insurer saying they are secondary and the other has to be primary....if i pay both either a. they should both pay or b. why cant i choose which is primary?