Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oct 10 opponents?

Default Oct 10 opponents?

Does anyone know if they will try to fill this date? SMU, MEMPHIS,UCF, UMASS, and SOUTH ALABAMA all have openings.

Default Re: Oct 10 opponents?

My bet is South Al. Easier to work out in conference. Based on my deep access to zero.

It will not be South Alabama, they have their own problems with COVID>

UMass just announced like 2 days ago that they're playing football this fall. Highly improbable that you see them here next Saturday. I believe they were eyeing a start date for later in October. Who they play? Who knows? Maybe they will pickup games from teams with last minute cancellations, like us.

I also think UTSA has an opening

In response to the OP. SMU only has 5 home games this season with a total of 11 games scheduled. If approached about a matchup next weekend, they'd probably want it to be at their place. I like the thought of them as a potential opponent as that game seems more winnable than UCF and Memphis.

Memphis has 7 home games scheduled, with one played, and then 4 road games. Would they come here? Interesting to think about. I would be more open to that matchup if they came to Lafayette.

UCF has 9 games on their schedule, 4 home 5 away, with 2 away games already being played. I'm thinking like SMU they would try and force the game to be at their place if approached about their 10/10 opening.

Keep in mind that both Memphis and UCF are also trying to protect their T25 and best of the G5 rankings for the NY6, SMU is also receiving votes, so playing us is both a big risk and a big reward. Would any of them roll the dice?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    In response to the OP. SMU only has 5 home games this season with a total of 11 games scheduled. If approached about a matchup next weekend, they'd probably want it to be at their place. I like the thought of them as a potential opponent as that game seems more winnable than UCF and Memphis.

Memphis has 7 home games scheduled, with one played, and then 4 road games. Would they come here? Interesting to think about. I would be more open to that matchup if they came to Lafayette.

UCF has 9 games on their schedule, 4 home 5 away, with 2 away games already being played. I'm thinking like SMU they would try and force the game to be at their place if approached about their 10/10 opening.

Keep in mind that both Memphis and UCF are also trying to protect their T25 and best of the G5 rankings for the NY6, SMU is also receiving votes, so playing us is both a big risk and a big reward. Would any of them roll the dice?

IF we play at home on October 10, it WILL BE a conference game.

Dr. Maggard said he is not interested in scheduling a new opponent.

It has always been hard to get a team to play the Cajuns, especially when we are good.

10. Default Re: Oct 10 opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    It has always been hard to get a team to play the Cajuns, especially when we are good.
    True.

Even harder on short notice.

That's why I was so impressed with Maggard for working out the Iowa State game.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Dr. Maggard said he is not interested in scheduling a new opponent.
    We’ll never get to the level of Boise State with this line of thinking.

If UCF or Memphis approached me as AD to play at their house, you better believe I would be salivating. Could you imagine the press just leading up to the game for being willing to take on the challenge last minute?

If this is our best team ever, then why not play anyone anywhere?
    Home or away, I accept any day!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Oct 10 opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post

If UCF or Memphis approached me as AD to play at their house, you better believe I would be salivating. Could you imagine the press just leading up to the game for being willing to take on the challenge last minute?

ANYTIME, ANY PLACE, ANYWHERE!!!

13. Default Re: Oct 10 opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Why do you suppose that’s true, if true? It’s the same story year after year. Good teams, awful teams, nobody wants to play us. Is it BO, nasty breath, remote and not reachable? Nobody can ever offer a reasonable explanation. Not even a wild speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post

This.

15. Default Re: Oct 10 opponents?

Looks like the best option for our entertainment tonight is Cajuns hosting the DogKillers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information