Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Appalachian State Game Postponed by Mountaineers

Default Re: Whoa: UL-App State postponed?

According to Napier, 9 members of coaching staff and over 30 players out.

Possibility of moving a conference home game to next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post

It App State decided to not play next week, and it's moved to December, the game should be moved to Lafayette. We should not have to play there in that weather since it is out of our control.

A great friend of mine - whose son attends App St - mentioned that this was a rumor (postponing game with UL) circulating around the virtual App Campus early this week....
    We thought it was just scuttlebutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    So now we will get them when it’s 12 degrees in Boone.
    Hardly sporting. But anywhere, anytime. They are overdue for an ___ whippin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    It App State decided to not play next week, and it's moved to December, the game should be moved to Lafayette. We should not have to play there in that weather since it is out of our control.
    Unfortunately, not gonna happen.

. Coach did say this was a POSSIBILITY in today’s virtual QB Club meeting. Since that was shared in that forum, it may have been best to let the school make that announcement when appropriate. Not sure how much they like information provided to paying members be made public early. Just speculating here. They may have no problem with that information. He did talk about a couple of individual players who need to improve in an area. I know specifics on that should not be made public. Potential schedule changes may be OK but I would have personally waited for school to make the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We’re not ready for this Saturday, so I’m thinking it’ll be hard to find anyone for Wednesday. We’re not ready to play or host a game this week.
    Houston and Baylor had announced a game on 9/12 that was scheduled to be played on 9/19. The game on 9/19 never happened, but it isn't unreasonable to think that a game couldn't be thrown together for 10/10 with a willing opponent as that is 9 days away. This game against App was scheduled for Week 5, so when I said "last minute" I was talking about an opponent to play in Week 5, so Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat of next week.

Guys. It may not be the players that tested positive...I lost a cousin (albeit, 3rd cousin) over the weekend to complications associated with COVID-19. He was a sophomore at App St. he was living on campus when he tested positive. Then following 10 day quarantine, he went back to campus. The next day he called his parents to come get him. By the time they got him to the hospital, he was unresponsive. No brain activity. Pulled from life support on Monday...19 yes old. He could have caught it from anyone - he could have passed it to anyone...

USA is what I’m hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    . Coach did say this was a POSSIBILITY in today’s virtual QB Club meeting. Since that was shared in that forum, it may have been best to let the school make that announcement when appropriate. Not sure how much they like information provided to paying members be made public early. Just speculating here. They may have no problem with that information. He did talk about a couple of individual players who need to improve in an area. I know specifics on that should not be made public. Potential schedule changes may be OK but I would have personally waited for school to make the announcement.
    Get a grip, I was on the call also. I said possibility. He normally states when it's for club consumption only.

Get a grip, I was on the call also. I said possibility. He normally states when it's for club consumption only.
    Does not matter it turns out as some information was leaking out prior to meeting ending.

I guess pushing the game back to oct 10 wouldn’t help app get cleared and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I guess pushing the game back to oct 10 wouldn’t help app get cleared and ready.
    Probably not an option since App has a game scheduled in Statesboro on Oct. 14

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Probably not an option since App has a game scheduled in Statesboro on Oct. 14
    Did not know that, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    USA is what I’m hearing.
    probably not. They've got a lot of COVID issues as well. I think either Coastal gets moved up a week or maybe it's UAB getting moved up. Both are open on the 10th.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information