Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Admit it, you didn't give UL's hero kicker Nate Snyder a chance before game-winning boot

1. Default Re: Admit it, you didn't give UL's hero kicker Nate Snyder a chance before game-winning boot

My fear on the long kick was a block.

You need a lower than normal trajectory for distance kicks, and that guy for GSU was jumping out the stadium

Default Re: Admit it, you didn't give UL's hero kicker Nate Snyder a chance before game-winning boot

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Good to know. Now if only they would sell beer again.
    The consumption of alcohol should be encouraged because of this pandemic. Alcohol based sanitizer has been encouraged. Therefore consuming beer or any alcohol should sanitize your body from the inside out! 😂😂😂

Default Re: Admit it, you didn't give UL's hero kicker Nate Snyder a chance before game-winning boot

The way I saw it was Napier had seen enough of this guy to give him a chance to play after Indiana. the fact was up until that point he had sucked. But even in all that suckage, he hadn't missed a field goal that hurt the team. I just figured if he was what Napier thought he was that he wouldn't think about if & just go out & kick the hell out of the ball & get his mind off his own miseries. What tripped me out was Napier calling time out to freeze his own kicker. I wonder if they had practiced that little ritual so much that maybe he couldn't kick as well without the old time out freeze. Either way, Napier made the right call & Snyder did his job again when he needed to. That's the kind of thing that makes special seasons & champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The way I saw it was Napier had seen enough of this guy to give him a chance to play after Indiana. the fact was up until that point he had sucked. But even in all that suckage, he hadn't missed a field goal that hurt the team. I just figured if he was what Napier thought he was that he wouldn't think about if & just go out & kick the hell out of the ball & get his mind off his own miseries. What tripped me out was Napier calling time out to freeze his own kicker. I wonder if they had practiced that little ritual so much that maybe he couldn't kick as well without the old time out freeze. Either way, Napier made the right call & Snyder did his job again when he needed to. That's the kind of thing that makes special seasons & champions.
    So I just read the story & now I know. Congrats UL, now kick the ____ out of the Hillbillies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So I just read the story & now I know. Congrats UL, now kick the ____ out of the Hillbillies.
    I presume you now know that the reason the time out prior to the winning kick was called was because of concern the play clock was running short of time. It was not called to freeze his own kicker.

some kickers are better at distance and some are better at accuracy...i believe the short ones he missed were actually kicked straight, maybe he just isnt good at angling, so for short ones we need ball centered?

7. Default Re: Admit it, you didn't give UL's hero kicker Nate Snyder a chance before game-winning boot

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    some kickers are better at distance and some are better at accuracy...i believe the short ones he missed were actually kicked straight, maybe he just isnt good at angling, so for short ones we need ball centered?
    I would have to go back and look at each one, but all his misses that I remember were mostly on a straight on trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would have to go back and look at each one, but all his misses that I remember were mostly on a straight on trajectory.
    Thanks. Phrased better than i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I presume you now know that the reason the time out prior to the winning kick was called was because of concern the play clock was running short of time. It was not called to freeze his own kicker.
    True. I was watching it, and screaming at the screen to call time out. Because there was no way they were getting that kick off on time.

10. Default Re: Admit it, you didn't give UL's hero kicker Nate Snyder a chance before game-winning boot

Don't try to ICE Snyder, he has an Internal Combustion Engine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information