Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Second Straight History-Making Performance

Default A Second Straight History-Making Performance

What's that you say?

Yesterday was the 20th time in history that the Cajuns have opened with two straight road games.

It is the FIRST TIME they have been 2-0 with both wins on the road.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: A Second Straight History-Making Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    What's that you say?

Yesterday was the 20th time in history that the Cajuns have opened with two straight road games.

what a way to open the season. and there are enough things to work on cleaning up that the coaches should have their attention this week and keep them focused.

3. Default Re: A Second Straight History-Making Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    What's that you say?

History changing season

Default Re: A Second Straight History-Making Performance

Yeah usually the first game we are playing a money game which until now, resulted in a loss.

I wasn’t feeling great about the win Saturday but this puts things into perspective. Winning two on the road right out of the gates is not something to take for granted!

I know there is the traveling aspect and being unfamiliar with the environment, but without home crowds I don’t think away games carry the same weight this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I know there is the traveling aspect and being unfamiliar with the environment, but without home crowds I don’t think away games carry the same weight this year.
    Some say that the travel aspect is actually a bigger factor for the road teams than the crowd. Especially so when you have to do it two weeks in a row. We have to do that once more this season. When we go to UAB and Texas State in late October.

Away games has to do more about the physical mental side of the travel, not so much game day environment. It is a very quick turn, you leave on Friday and you are up early Saturday morning. Not sleeping in your own bed is a huge factor. I also wonder about how many of the players are allergic to down pillows and wake up in the morning stuffed up and a headache.

9. Default Re: A Second Straight History-Making Performance

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Away games has to do more about the physical mental side of the travel, not so much game day environment. It is a very quick turn, you leave on Friday and you are up early Saturday morning. Not sleeping in your own bed is a huge factor. I also wonder about how many of the players are allergic to down pillows and wake up in the morning stuffed up and a headache.
    So if I’m that guy I’d always carry the ‘My Pillow’ with me. I’m confident that virtually everyone whose allergies bother them know what they are and a plan to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So if I’m that guy I’d always carry the ‘My Pillow’ with me. I’m confident that virtually everyone whose allergies bother them know what they are and a plan to deal with it.
    I did not know what was causing mine until I was in my 30s. But then again maybe they are smarter than me.

11. Default Re: A Second Straight History-Making Performance

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I did not know what was causing mine until I was in my 30s. But then again maybe they are smarter than me.
    You’re plenty smart, but people are far more prone to finding out how come they’re feeling like crap these days. You grew up in the era of that’s how it is and moved on regardless.

Saban has never even gone 1-0 starting on road

Are we not allowed to go earlier since skool is online now anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I would love to answer your question but I have no idea what you were asking? Head scratch emoji?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Maybe they don't go earlier because of the extra hotel, food, etc. expenses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information