Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33

Thread: G2: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

1. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I am very easily amazed but its just a select few. And I am completely fine with in game criticisms when players or coaches mess up. However, that's not was really going on in this thread. People were calling for LL to be benched and stating he should not be our QB at all. That's a little different than throwing a comment out about a missed throw or read. Like someone else stated, I'll tie my expectations to Napier's large salary and trust in him that I think, to date, he's earned. Levi's style of play may not suit your eyes but I previously stated facts and statistics that proved he was pretty damned solid as a starter last year. I also love that when people state he needs to be benched, they are replacing him with players who are unproven to this point. From that perspective, how can you possibly know if the backups are as good? That's why I trust in Napier and I trust in these coaches to get the OL blocking better and development of our young receivers to help LL out.
    We agree 100%. We have good coaches. I expect much of this to improve as they work diligently with the O-line and receivers.

Geaix Cajuns

Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Interesting twist to GaSt game cancellation

COVID-19 test results that triggered Georgia State-Charlotte postponement read incorrectly. Human error misread results leading to incorrect postponement

https://es.pn/33czjjH

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Because he is less than a game manager. He struggles with simple fundamentals, and doesn't use his biggest strength to cover them. We are stuck with Levi...I understand this. All my criticisms of him are 100% valid. I don't care about stats, or our record. His weaknesses are abundantly clear for anyone watching the game. I want him to succeed, I want him to win ball games. You have to blame Napier and his staff as well. Why aren't they drilling in him to run when he needs to run, and stop acting like Russell Wilson in the pocket when things go bad? It's not all Levi's fault. I'm pulling for Levi...I really am. But the proof is...and always will be...in the pudding. Go back and watch the game and see his inadequacies in real time.

My question for y'all...if we didn't have the running game we currently have...would you be all for Levi as our QB? I'll hang up and listen.
    You don't care about our record with him as QB?

I do.

It's 14-3.

And, for those of you who bash the guy incessantly, think about this:

We lost TOP in every quarter Saturday.

EVERY TIME Georgia Southern scored, we answered with a score. They never got momentum as a result.

The team drove for the winning field goal in 40 seconds. AND overcame a holding call to do it.

Bash the guy all you want. He wins.

4. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

He certainly seems to come up with the big play at the biggest moments.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    You don't care about our record with him as QB?

I do.

It's 14-3.

And, for those of you who bash the guy incessantly, think about this:

We lost TOP in every quarter Saturday.

EVERY TIME Georgia Southern scored, we answered with a score. They never got momentum as a result.

The team drove for the winning field goal in 40 seconds. AND overcame a holding call to do it.

Bash the guy all you want. He wins.
    BOP...pumping the sunshine on a rainy day, baby. 14-3 record as a QB is inconsequential. That's a non-sequitur. In both the Georgia games the Cajuns have had to rely on him heavily to carry our offense...and the fact that we have had to pull both games out of our ___ is extremely telling. We are a worse team when the game is on his shoulders. It's in the game film too. It's right there...plain as day for anyone who WANTS to see it.

I get that Levi is an amateur athlete. He's trying his best at something I could never and will never do. He's a great athlete. But a sub-par QB. It's the truth...and not an attack on him. And the Cajuns are stuck with him. It's on Napier to finally figure out his limitations, which are ample, without our vastly superior running game to prop Levi up.

6. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

A "14-3 record as a QB is" NEVER "inconsequential"

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A "14-3 record as a QB is" NEVER "inconsequential"

jmo
    Matt Ryan is a bad QB for his team not fielding an onside kick properly or playing any kind of defense during the 4th quarter. By BOP and your metrics...he sucks. That sword cuts both ways...and deep.

It's inconsequential when it's being used to deflect from his obvious deficiencies.

The debate on Levi continues LOL.

Duggie said it best. He's going to get analyzed a lot more since he's the QB. The kid has his ups and downs at times. Sometimes, he looks great. Other times, I'm asking myself what in the world was he doing.

Just keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The debate on Levi continues LOL.

Duggie said it best. He's going to get analyzed a lot more since he's the QB. The kid has his ups and downs at times. Sometimes, he looks great. Other times, I'm asking myself what in the world was he doing.

Just keep winning.
    There are things he can be doing as a QB with limitations, but he doesn't. That falls more on Napier than anyone else. As good as an athlete as Lewis is, and as limited he is as a passer...he has 19 yards rushing over 3 games. Someone is in his ear telling him he's a pocket passer. They need to be taken out back for a few. We've done this before with Jalen Nixon. Trying to fit a round peg...in a square hole. The rubbers gonna meet the road if Mitchell and Smith miss the trip to Boone.

10. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

I love Levi Lewis, his passes are beautiful, even his int. was perfectly thrown, he is elusive, can run when needed and is the perfect QB for Louisiana 2020

Going forward I reserve the right to express utter frustration with any particular play and in so doing would not contradict the above statement.

jmo

11. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    There are things he can be doing as a QB with limitations, but he doesn't. That falls more on Napier than anyone else. As good as an athlete as Lewis is, and as limited he is as a passer...he has 19 yards rushing over 3 games. Someone is in his ear telling him he's a pocket passer. They need to be taken out back for a few. We've done this before with Jalen Nixon. Trying to fit a round peg...in a square hole. The rubbers gonna meet the road if Mitchell and Smith miss the trip to Boone.
    There’s very little similarity between Nixon and Lewis. Lewis is tiny, Nixon not. He should absolutely limit the hits he takes, he’s a far better passer than Nixon.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33

Thread Information