Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: G2: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Isn’t it an thing where you don’t drop after a win? Don’t know. Never been ranked before.,

Honestly, they can unrank us and it’ll be a blessing. I’m not completely serious, but the pressure that puts on a team is crazy. Us poor fans too. I’m not certain if yesterday’s game was more us playing bad or Georgia state playing well, but just watching the game was a good reason to start popping blood thinners.
    While being unranked takes added pressure away, what’s the point of going undefeated?

The whole goal is the access bowl. Well you need to be the highest ranked g5.

I think something as useless as the last touchdown against ISU is playing a huge factor in our season. Why? If not for the 17 point victory, we may not have gotten ranked after ISU. Then it would have been a matter of how many games to win before you crack the top 25. Probably at least 4-0 with a win at app. Plus they just loss so that might not even do it. Then you have the p5 returning by then as well. So we may have run the table and never gotten ranked. Who knows.

But, we looked dominate(at least score) had some teams not in the mix so we made it in and now every win helps you climb by default.

Just think, pre Covid, if we were 3-0 with wins over Mcneese, Wyoming, and Georgia state. We’d be happy and unranked. This is definitely our opportunity to crash the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I think I read that the big 10 cannot be eligible for ranking till they play a game.
    The Big 10 is included in the new coaches' poll. The Big 10 will be included in the AP next week, i think.

3. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I think I read that the big 10 cannot be eligible for ranking till they play a game.
    Makes sense.

I would have been shocked if they found a way to rank 0-0 team 4-weeks into the season.

It truly amazes me, after reading this thread, how readily willing people are to just rag on Levi. Everything that goes wrong on offense is his fault and everything that goes well is because someone else made a play. We have guys on here wanting him benched. Mind you, they want him benched for unproven guys but they just want him benched.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It truly amazes me, after reading this thread, how readily willing people are to just rag on Levi. Everything that goes wrong on offense is his fault and everything that goes well is because someone else made a play. We have guys on here wanting him benched. Mind you, they want him benched for unproven guys but they just want him benched.
    Levi is our QB, and will be, until he is no longer here. BUT, why are you amazed at our QB (or any QB for that matter) taking some heat. Almost all QB's get way too much credit when things go good, and take the heat when things don't go as expected. That's just life as a QB. Must be thick skinned to play that position.

Because he is less than a game manager. He struggles with simple fundamentals, and doesn't use his biggest strength to cover them. We are stuck with Levi...I understand this. All my criticisms of him are 100% valid. I don't care about stats, or our record. His weaknesses are abundantly clear for anyone watching the game. I want him to succeed, I want him to win ball games. You have to blame Napier and his staff as well. Why aren't they drilling in him to run when he needs to run, and stop acting like Russell Wilson in the pocket when things go bad? It's not all Levi's fault. I'm pulling for Levi...I really am. But the proof is...and always will be...in the pudding. Go back and watch the game and see his inadequacies in real time.

My question for y'all...if we didn't have the running game we currently have...would you be all for Levi as our QB? I'll hang up and listen.

Everyone seems to forget that we lost 2 top 5 draft picks from the offensive line.

8. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Everyone seems to forget that we lost 2 top 5 draft picks from the offensive line.
    Well Hunt was out many games. So maybe one NFL lineman. No doubt we’re not Alabama and just reload, but I thought we were developing more depth overall.

Epic game thread. Always great when we fall behind and then win. The Lewis detractors will never be satisfied. They will see every bad pass or bad read as proof he is not the guy. I see a winner who makes up for his limitations by extending plays with his elusiveness. Our coach has tied his million dollar salary to Lewis and not the other guys fans think are better. I think be knows way more than the posters here.
    I am more concerned about the left side of the OL and the lack of a true #1 WR. Really like the Fr WR. Looks like we hit on those guys.

10. Default Re: Final 34-31: Louisiana 34, Georgia State 31

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Epic game thread. Always great when we fall behind and then win. The Lewis detractors will never be satisfied. They will see every bad pass or bad read as proof he is not the guy. I see a winner who makes up for his limitations by extending plays with his elusiveness. Our coach has tied his million dollar salary to Lewis and not the other guys fans think are better. I think be knows way more than the posters here.
    I am more concerned about the left side of the OL and the lack of a true #1 WR. Really like the Fr WR. Looks like we hit on those guys.
    Thanks

Well Zephyr, you must be easily amazed. People have eyes, when there is a bad play or a poor performance, then they will comment about it. Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone will be totally accurate, and that can be said about anyone who comments on a football play. Levi made some bad decisions and as Duggie35 said, the QB is going to get some heat. He is the only player on the field that touches the ball on every offensive play, so yeah, he needs to be good. When he is not, it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Well Zephyr, you must be easily amazed. People have eyes, when there is a bad play or a poor performance, then they will comment about it. Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone will be totally accurate, and that can be said about anyone who comments on a football play. Levi made some bad decisions and as Duggie35 said, the QB is going to get some heat. He is the only player on the field that touches the ball on every offensive play, so yeah, he needs to be good. When he is not, it shows.
    I am very easily amazed but its just a select few. And I am completely fine with in game criticisms when players or coaches mess up. However, that's not was really going on in this thread. People were calling for LL to be benched and stating he should not be our QB at all. That's a little different than throwing a comment out about a missed throw or read. Like someone else stated, I'll tie my expectations to Napier's large salary and trust in him that I think, to date, he's earned. Levi's style of play may not suit your eyes but I previously stated facts and statistics that proved he was pretty damned solid as a starter last year. I also love that when people state he needs to be benched, they are replacing him with players who are unproven to this point. From that perspective, how can you possibly know if the backups are as good? That's why I trust in Napier and I trust in these coaches to get the OL blocking better and development of our young receivers to help LL out.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    You are right and the funny thing is that I'm not some LL homer. I just know he is our best option right now and he does some good things and the other players love playing for him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt although he does need to get some things worked out and improve on.

I am very easily amazed but its just a select few. And I am completely fine with in game criticisms when players or coaches mess up. However, that's not was really going on in this thread. People were calling for LL to be benched and stating he should not be our QB at all. That's a little different than throwing a comment out about a missed throw or read. Like someone else stated, I'll tie my expectations to Napier's large salary and trust in him that I think, to date, he's earned. Levi's style of play may not suit your eyes but I previously stated facts and statistics that proved he was pretty damned solid as a starter last year. I also love that when people state he needs to be benched, they are replacing him with players who are unproven to this point. From that perspective, how can you possibly know if the backups are as good? That's why I trust in Napier and I trust in these coaches to get the OL blocking better and development of our young receivers to help LL out.
    You have some good points.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Coaches have got to figure out the problems with our place kicker. By my count in two games we have failed to put 9 points on the board due to missed field goals. That’s gonna come back to bite us if it’s not corrected. Make that field goal today probably don’t need to go to OT.
    You do realize that he missed a 47 yard field goal? That is not a gimme for many college kickers.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread Information