Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LOUISIANA Athletics Announces Stadium Capacity and Safety Protocols for Home

Default Re: LOUISIANA Athletics Announces Stadium Capacity and Safety Protocols for Home

I tried yesterday and the only selection was general admission. This morning I had one choice in the entire stadium. I went from DD on the 2nd row at the 50 yard line to EE on the 26th row. Why didn't they just assign the seat instead of me cursing like a sailor trying to find a seat.

Default Re: LOUISIANA Athletics Announces Stadium Capacity and Safety Protocols for Home

i would buy GA for the right price

3. Default Re: LOUISIANA Athletics Announces Stadium Capacity and Safety Protocols for Home

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    i would buy GA for the right price
    .....think all the chair backs were gone by #54 of RCAFrank.....I think 113 got top deck from 45 yard c-backs!

The head of the circus told me that they called the top 100 donors. I asked what rank I was and he said 97th. I didn’t receive a phone call just an email telling me that I have been relocated to best available. They gave me row 26 in DD. If the 113th ranked got chair backs the RCAF can ____ off.

two questions (honestly not trying to upset)

a. is it possible there are two different donor lists,one for rcaf and one for school/athl dept
    b. for chairbacks, i get that we have a great section with the chairbacks, but i see at many p5 stadiums the “chairbacks” seems scattered all over the place. sometimes better seats dont have it. they sort of look portable, but seem to have been installed. is that not an option if a “chairback” person is moved to non chairback because some chairbacks have to be left empty for distance?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    two questions (honestly not trying to upset)

a. is it possible there are two different donor lists,one for rcaf and one for school/athl dept
    b. for chairbacks, i get that we have a great section with the chairbacks, but i see at many p5 stadiums the “chairbacks” seems scattered all over the place. sometimes better seats dont have it. they sort of look portable, but seem to have been installed. is that not an option if a “chairback” person is moved to non chairback because some chairbacks have to be left empty for distance?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

For me it’s not about chair backs. It’s about not having a choice. I received an email stating I was relocated to best available based on RCAF rank. Best available according to who.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    The head of the circus told me that they called the top 100 donors. I asked what rank I was and he said 97th. I didn’t receive a phone call just an email telling me that I have been relocated to best available. They gave me row 26 in DD. If the 113th ranked got chair backs the RCAF can ____ off.
    You have to learn to read Boomerese. What he really said was that #113 went from 45 yd line chairbacks to upper deck bench seatiing, and that all chairbacks were gone by #54.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    For me it’s not about chair backs. It’s about not having a choice. I received an email stating I was relocated to best available based on RCAF rank. Best available according to who.
    Best available determination is in some ways made by the state of Louisiana. They are the ones that determined that 2 empty rows must be in between fan rows. They are also the ones that state 6 empty seats must be in between fan groups. They also have made it very plain that if these requirements are not strictly enforced, we will not have any fans at future games. I imagine they are being just as strict in Baton Rouge and other state schools. I get it. Last thing they want as another Covid outbreak due to people going to football games.

10. Default Re: LOUISIANA Athletics Announces Stadium Capacity and Safety Protocols for Home

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    You have to learn to read Boomerese. What he really said was that #113 went from 45 yd line chairbacks to upper deck bench seatiing, and that all chairbacks were gone by #54.
    ....thanks——I thought I had posted a clarification but it didn’t show!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Best available determination is in some ways made by the state of Louisiana. They are the ones that determined that 2 empty rows must be in between fan rows. They are also the ones that state 6 empty seats must be in between fan groups. They also have made it very plain that if these requirements are not strictly enforced, we will not have any fans at future games. I imagine they are being just as strict in Baton Rouge and other state schools. I get it. Last thing they want as another Covid outbreak due to people going to football games.
    I bet some people will move around a little bit after the game starts to get to a slightly better location. Almost every game I have watched on TV has shown fans gathering together is small groups. Especially because the system that UL used to re-seat everyone did not work properly for everyone (including me)! I will go sit in my assigned seats, but plan on moving to a better location once the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I bet some people will move around a little bit after the game starts to get to a slightly better location. Almost every game I have watched on TV has shown fans gathering together is small groups. Especially because the system that UL used to re-seat everyone did not work properly for everyone (including me)! I will go sit in my assigned seats, but plan on moving to a better location once the game starts.
    That is my plan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I tried yesterday and the only selection was general admission. This morning I had one choice in the entire stadium. I went from DD on the 2nd row at the 50 yard line to EE on the 26th row. Why didn't they just assign the seat instead of me cursing like a sailor trying to find a seat.
    For several days I tried to choose seats and all i got was unavailable seat screens. Spoke with RCAF head yesterday and only 2 seats I could get was in endzone by the band. Moving from D-2 to endzone was not appealing to me for viewing . i discussed fans with lower RCAF ranking getting the better seats and we agreed it was a bad situation. This is a major learning lesson for the university -I hope we don't go thru this with baseball or basketball. Ticket master has something to do with it with the way they blocked seats I told them to rollover my $ to next years season, which i am ok with.
    CC

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Many people trying to meet with their groups will simply go to the GA sections.

I need to chime in on what a cluster____ this process is, I went on line and the program lets you go all the way through the process but kills you at the end, I called the university and got horrible answers, this is all things that should have been figured out weeks ago, not 4 days before a game. I told them that I would be interested in season tickets at a reasonable price even though I cant attend most games, or individual tickets, no answer on either instead I got a snarky response that I could always watch it on tv. I have never seen a school screw up opportunities time and time again when people are trying to spend their hard earned dollars with them.

I have a daughter at southern Miss and have received a call for tickets already, why would UL wait till the last second even though the stadium numbers have been known for weeks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information