Thread: QB Club 2020-Update

Default QB Club 2020-Update

Troy sent the following email to current and former QB Club members today. I am sure any help people can give would be appreciated.

Cajun Stakeholders,
    You are receiving this email because you are or were a member of the Ragin Cajun QB Club. This Thursday we will have our second installment of the virtual Quarter Back Club. The link for this week's club will go out tomorrow at noon to all current members of QB Club. If you don't get the link and you are confident that you have renewed please contact me (Wingerter@louisiana.edu) on Wednesday and we will get you taken care of... last week a lot of guys waited until Thursday to get their link rectified some even waited to renew on Thursday and that made for an even bigger mad dash before the event. Regardless, I will do whatever it takes for our investors to have as much access to our guys as possible!
    We've had a great week over here on Reinhardt Dr. and hope to continue to build on the momentum that we have created. With that said, we need your help. Covid-19 and other issues have caused donations to the QB Club program to shrink dramatically. We were already running very lean... then in the 4th quarter of the Iowa State game our headset system died... the price tag on something like that you ask... $228,000 and its not an optional piece of equipment. We are in dire need for as many new and renewed investors as possible this season. If you know of anyone that wants to ride the wave of excitement surrounding Ragin Cajun football; please direct them to me and i will get them signed up. This is one of the best teams that I have seen in the last 3 decades and these opportunities for National success don't come along every year. Please help us to continue to have the ability to give our players and coaches the resources they need to actualize that potential. Thank you for the consideration!

2. Default Re: QB Club 2020-Update

Thanks

Default Re: QB Club 2020-Update

I just joined. I don’t live in Lafayette so QB club has never been an option for me. Hopefully some more out of towners will join me!

4. Default Re: QB Club 2020-Update

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I just joined. I don’t live in Lafayette so QB club has never been an option for me. Hopefully some more out of towners will join me!
    Cool move

5. Default Re: QB Club 2020-Update

Will virtual be a new option going forward after COViD as a means to increase participation?

How do you join?

You must donate to the Quarterback Club and you will get an email invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    How do you join?
    Contact Troy Wingerter at UL Football for more information about how to join the QB Club. His email address is troy.wingerter@louisiana.edu. As far as the headsets go, a new set has been purchased. Program financed the purchase and loan will be repaid over several years. I believe favorable terms were negotiated. Advertising on the headsets may be sold with funds raised going towards retiring the debt. Plan is to go back towards in person meetings next year. I hope they find a way to let out of towners continue to be able to Zoom into them in the future. I will make that suggestion. Today Ferrod Gardner spoke for 15 minutes, Patrick Toney for 15 minutes, Brianna Wade for 5 minutes, and Coach Napier for 30 minutes. All answered questions in their time slots. Brianna is the New Director of on campus recruiting and helped Troy facilitate the meeting. Meeting closed with the viewing of the latest installment of the culture video. Everyone on the call was pumped up after seeing the clip. Great work by Douglas Dominque once again

One other point about these meetings. A nice feature is the chAt function. You can type in a question without having to ask it verbally. Several folks did that yesterday.

10. Default Re: QB Club 2020-Update

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    One other point about these meetings. A nice feature is the chAt function. You can type in a question without having to ask it verbally. Several folks did that yesterday.
    Nice.

I had a work conflict so I missed the meeting. A nice feature would be to record them for those who could not attend. I guess they would have to figure out a private link?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I had a work conflict so I missed the meeting. A nice feature would be to record them for those who could not attend. I guess they would have to figure out a private link?
    Not sure how that could be done but it would be a good perk for members. You could always send PM's to people who were able to attend. I think people have figure out by now that while there is usually nothing earth shattering shared there, information shared here from the meetings will be limited. Not fair to paying members to do otherwise. That is why my Rebounders Club meeting notes have become much less frequent in the last couple of years. Sharing information with paying members via private members is different of course.

Thread Information