Thread: Ragin' Cajuns shock college football, upset Iowa State for first Top 25 road win

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns shock college football, upset Iowa State for first Top 25 road win

Talk about a truly special victory for the University of Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns.

With only a few fans in the stands at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, Iowa, the Cajuns collected the program's first road upset of a Top 25 team in its history Saturday with a win over No. 23 Iowa State.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns shock college football, upset Iowa State for first Top 25 road win

The only thing I could correct Kevin on, or add to that article was That the Cajuns imposed their will on ISU for good measure in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball. So it was big plays. But it was also a LOT of little plays in the second half that showed UL domination. the question now is can UL continue to play like a sound veteran group & really build on this most impressive inspiring win. There's no doubt to me they can. They just need prove it to the country. This is a very good football team. It could be a lot of fun finding out how good.

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns shock college football, upset Iowa State for first Top 25 road win

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The only thing I could correct Kevin on, or add to that article was That the Cajuns imposed their will on ISU for good measure in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball. So it was big plays. But it was also a LOT of little plays in the second half that showed UL domination. the question now is can UL continue to play like a sound veteran group & really build on this most impressive inspiring win. There's no doubt to me they can. They just need prove it to the country. This is a very good football team. It could be a lot of fun finding out how good.
    I totally agree with this.

Foote brought up the obvious comparison to the 1996 win over TA&M. That game was defined by turnover after turnover if I recall. Of course Jake had to capitalize on those turnovers.

This game was big play after big play, followed by a stop after stop on defense.

1996 Stop and go.
    2020 Go and stop.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns shock college football, upset Iowa State for first Top 25 road win

How many more yards could the offense had with the dropped passes? There is definitely opportunity to get better and I’m looking forward to seeing it. That was a fun game to see on National TV.

Anyone looking for a good highlight reel from yesterday’s game:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29869710

6. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns shock college football, upset Iowa State for first Top 25 road win

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Interesting stat info starting the 4th quarter. Cajuns 18/0 when they have the lead starting in the 4th. Now 19/0.

Big Mike was very complimentary, but didn’t believe Billy would keep his record intact. Nothing he said as much as how he was talking. He kept waiting for the Cyclones to shake off the rust. Then they were stunned with their coaches concession at the end.

Thread Information