Thread: Week 8: BYU vs Louisiana, Oct. 24th?

UL Football Week 8: BYU vs Louisiana, Oct. 24th?

This would be a nice get.

kslsports.com/440014/byu-football-schedule-2020-who-gets-added/?

Week 8: Louisiana, Oct. 24th

Louisiana might be the least discussed 11-win team in college football last season. The Ragin Cajuns return 14 starters and are one of the most experienced teams in college football this year. Louisiana has 12 seniors in their top 22, so I have to think they want to test themselves against stiffer competition outside of the Sun Belt Conference. Iowa State is on Louisiana’s schedule this year and BYU would make a lot of sense here.

The question with a program like Louisiana, could BYU avoid having a home-and-home agreement and just make it a one-game series?
    Personally, I think right now we do have the most leverage and should insist on a home and home. The problem I do see is that BYU schedule right now has 5 home games and 4 road games, so who will blink first to go on the road?

Default Re: Week 8: BYU vs Louisiana, Oct. 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

Personally, I think right now we do have the most leverage and should insist on a home and home. The problem I do see is that BYU schedule right now has 5 home games and 4 road games, so who will blink first to go on the road?
    This would be a great test to measure where we are at as a program! BYU at the Cajuns on national TV would be even better!!!

3. Default Re: Week 8: BYU vs Louisiana, Oct. 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    This would be a great test to measure where we are at as a program! BYU at the Cajuns on national TV would be even better!!!
    Try to work a one time home and home like NFL division rivals.

The article mentions BYU playing Troy. Why don't we schedule and play Troy? Is it a scheduling problem?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Week 8: BYU vs Louisiana, Oct. 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The article mentions BYU playing Troy. Why don't we schedule and play Troy? Is it a scheduling problem?
    Not for November 21st it isn't.

I am sure there are several issues. Troy just moved their game with ULM to week one for national TV. I am not sure if both have the same open dates. Also, it depends on who gets the home game. I am not sure how many home games Troy has. If you want to look it up and post it I will comment more. That is one of the reasons Tulane will not work out, we both need a home game. I am sure Dr Maggard is trying to move games to accommodate other games. I do not know this for a fact. I did hear we are close to announcing a couple of games. My gut tells me we will be playing Lamar the opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Not for November 21st it isn't.
    Our schedule shows no game for Nov. 21.

I am sure there are several issues. Troy just moved their game with ULM to week one for national TV. I am not sure if both have the same open dates. Also, it depends on who gets the home game. I am not sure how many home games Troy has. If you want to look it up and post it I will comment more. That is one of the reasons Tulane will not work out, we both need a home game. I am sure Dr Maggard is trying to move games to accommodate other games. I do not know this for a fact. I did hear we are close to announcing a couple of games. My gut tells me we will be playing Lamar the opening weekend.
    Troy's shedule also shows them having an open date on Nov. 21. Seems like that would be the perfect date and could be worked out.

Troy's shedule also shows them having an open date on Nov. 21. Seems like that would be the perfect date and could be worked out.
    I am not sure how many home games Troy has. If you want to look it up and post it I will comment more. That is one of the reasons Tulane will not work out, we both need a home game.

I am not sure how many home games Troy has. If you want to look it up and post it I will comment more. That is one of the reasons Tulane will not work out, we both need a home game.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information