Thread: NMSU Cancels Football Season

1. UL Football NMSU Cancels Football Season

New Mexico State, a Division I FBS independent, canceled their 2020 fall sports season, the school announced this morning.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: NMSU Cancels Football Season

Figures. Give Dr. Maggard more work. Thanks alot.

3. Default Re: NMSU Cancels Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Figures. Give Dr. Maggard more work. Thanks alot.
    Bet none of this was ever contemplated for in his career path. I’ve got great empathy for the barriers that continue to confront him.

Default Re: NMSU Cancels Football Season

Sure has not been easy for Dr. M. Same could be said for any AD, for that matter. I can't imagine that he does not have some contingencies in place in case NMSU dropped out since the news about their struggles is nothing new.

5. Default Re: NMSU Cancels Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Sure has not been easy for Dr. M. Same could be said for any AD, for that matter. I can't imagine that he does not have some contingencies in place in case NMSU dropped out since the news about their struggles is nothing new.
    You understand I’m not concerned with anybody else’s AD. He’s our guy and we want him to outperform this job.

As for contingencies? Nobody has a plan for the shutdown of just about everything.

Did you ever check out the celtic site I gave you on Scotland. My wife is Scotch/Irish/English & half French. There’s some very interesting stuff about the Scotch.

https://www.electricscotland.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You understand I’m not concerned with anybody else’s AD. He’s our guy and we want him to outperform this job.

As for contingencies? Nobody has a plan for the shutdown of just about everything.

Did you ever check out the celtic site I gave you on Scotland. My wife is Scotch/Irish/English & half French. There’s some very interesting stuff about the Scotch.

https://www.electricscotland.com/
    I did! Thank you for that. Tons of info.

I actually used it to look up tartans for the kilts for my brother's upcoming wedding.

7. Default Re: NMSU Cancels Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    ......lSo what if we choose to play and some of the greatest players in the country transfer in to get their last year on the field??? Cajun national champs???

Nicholls coach put it pretty bluntly, basically he admitted that at the end of the day cancelling their season came down to money, the school cant afford to pay for the procedures put in place for constant testing and cleaning. Im sure some of the other small schools its the same thing even if they try to fluff it and say its about safety

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Nicholls coach put it pretty bluntly, basically he admitted that at the end of the day cancelling their season came down to money, the school cant afford to pay for the procedures put in place for constant testing and cleaning. Im sure some of the other small schools its the same thing even if they try to fluff it and say its about safety
    While not the popular aspect to point at, I think the money issue plays a big part in this. Sure we want players, coaches and staff to be able to do their part safely. That will always be put in the forefront. But I think so much more went into the decision than health and safety. You just won't hear about it too often. It's a bit more dignified to say "it's about safety" and leave all the other contributing factors like money, scheduling issues and internal/external pressure out of it.

Thread Information