Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2020: Louisiana's Run Through the Rankings

Default Re: Top 25

We should be ranked in the AP. Coaches.who knows.

Predicting Louisiana #24 AP ranking this week.

Tough to drop someone after a loss but we certainly did in the coaches poll this week.

Just checking-who had a milestone today? We saw a RANKED Cajuns team win at home. You witnessed that. Honestly, I had a foot out of the gate after the 2 point conversion. I stopped because their was a very confident fan trying to fire everyone up in the top of the end zone. She was talking at people getting up and leaving. She said “this is easy. We got this.” She knew something and I totally gave her props after the game.

We may not look like the #19 team, but winning is winning and we’ve come from behind all 3 of these weeks. This team has not played a complete game. Not by a long shot. It almost seems normal to be down. Not like last year when we dominated the likes of Costal and Troy and looks fantastic doing it. Feels like we earned this. The team earned it. Because no Cajun fan was able to take a breathe these first 3 weeks, but the team didn’t panic.

They knew something too.

they better lock down all of the team after the game for the next 10 days, we need to be at full strength for App game

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    they better lock down all of the team after the game for the next 10 days, we need to be at full strength for App game
    Maybe a lot of guys will beat the 14 day quarantine since the game is on a Wednesday. Tiny victories. We need Mitchell and our other starters. This is our year to beat App. I think we do it this year. I’m not betting against our guys but no way I’m taking the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Maybe a lot if guys will beat the 14 day quarantine since the game is on a Wednesday. Tiny victories. We need Mitchell and our other starters. This is our year to beat App. I think we do it this year. I’m not betting against our guys but no way I’m taking the spread.
    I’ll go out on a limb and say app will be favored by 8-10 points.

#20 Va tech whipping nc state. Va tech is down 23 players and 4 coaches.
    I would vote that va tech move ahead of us in the rankings. Haha

Really glad we didn’t land BYU on the schedule. I think they had an open date at some point. They look good.

Going for Troy but the cougars look nasty.

I dunno if we will, but we should. the 3 teams we beat have a combined 3 losses. All 3 teams also had more than a week to prepare for us as well. Will we drop, probably, should we, nope.

10. Default Re: Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I dunno if we will, but we should. the 3 teams we beat have a combined 3 losses. All 3 teams also had more than a week to prepare for us as well. Will we drop, probably, should we, nope.
    Speaking of past opponents.

Except for a panic throw away throw by the Iowa State QB that gave a free touchdown to TCU . Iowa State dominated TCU.

#20 va tech beat nc state bad
    #21 Pitt beat #24Louisville
    Then like I had mentioned 22,23,24 all lost.

So I think va tech and Pitt move ahead of us. We drop to 21.

At some point our wins will have to look better if we want to move up.

I think we stay put in both polls this week.

13. Default Re: Top 25

Louisiana's opponents need a winning body of work to help solidify Louisiana's ranking.

Georgia State sitting idle didnt help, but Iowa State defeating TCU was good.

i was waitinf for the fabled body of work mention, what about eye test?
    our body of work is three times more than many teams, lol

im old enough to remember when bama was tied with citadel at half and didnt drop, go figure interesting comments from cbs: 24. Louisiana (19): The Ragin' Cajuns might end up getting dropped from the rankings after another close call, but there was so much national attention from that dominant Iowa State win that I'm guessing it will take a loss to see them fall from the top 25 entirely.

Looking at some top 25 predictions, some have the Cajuns dropping out because the PAC 12 will now be considered in the polls. How you justify ranking teams that will sit idle until November, I don’t know. While other teams (like us) are playing and winning, you’re going to move PAC 12 and BIG10 teams for weeks based on how good you think they may be.

I hope we hang on. Hopefully the Iowa State win at TCU will validate our win a bit.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information