Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: 2020: Louisiana's Run Through the Rankings

Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

Keep winning and they can’t drop you out. Well, they can but don’t help them. At least we can say that we are still ranked in the coaches poll with the B1G considered too.

2. Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

UL dropping in the polls had zero to do with how yesterday's victory looked, and 100% to do with the influx of unproven untested 0-0 teams.

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Louisiana Retains National Rankings for Second Consecutive Week

For the second consecutive week, Louisiana Football found itself among the nation's best teams after being voted No. 19 in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll and No. 25 in the USA Today Amway Coaches Poll.

The Ragin' Cajuns have now been ranked in back-to-back weeks by both polls for the first time in program history. Louisiana is currently the only ranked Sun Belt Conference team and the fourth-highest Group of 5 team behind UCF, Cincinnati and Memphis.

The team escaped Atlanta with a 34-31 win against Georgia State in overtime after Elijah Mitchell scored from 12-yards out. The win marked Louisiana's (2-0, 1-0 Sun Belt) first victory in an overtime game since Oct. 29, 2005, when it defeated Troy, 31-28.

No. 19 Louisiana returns to Lafayette for its Sun Belt Conference home opener on Saturday, Sept. 26, when it hosts Georgia Southern at Cajun Field. Kickoff is slated for 11 a.m. CST and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN2.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

4. UL Football AP Top 25 Reality Check: Who's eligible? Who's playing?

The second regular-season AP Top 25 of the season includes Southeastern Conference teams that begin playing next week but not Big Ten teams that start playing in about a month.

Next week the SEC starts playing and the Big Ten teams become eligible for the AP Top 25.

The Pac-12 seems prepared to get a fall football season fired up soon, too. And when it does, those teams will show up back in the rankings, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Keep winning and they can’t drop you out. Well, they can but don’t help them. At least we can say that we are still ranked in the coaches poll with the B1G considered too.
    In the coaches poll, we dropped 4 spots to #25. They're getting ready to drop us out.

Default Re: Rankings

The preseason Top 25 had 9 teams from B10/Pac12 ranked that were dropped. They won't all automatically fall back into place. More dominant wins by Louisiana will make our case for ranking. We're going to remain on the radar screen for Top 25 votes.

Well, if you were a voting coach watching us play Saturday, would you say that's a top 25 team? Honestly, I wouldn't and its OK because we have plenty of time to improve and we're still winning while we're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, if you were a voting coach watching us play Saturday, would you say that's a top 25 team? Honestly, I wouldn't and its OK because we have plenty of time to improve and we're still winning while we're doing it.
    I would think of all the polls.one with coaches voting should be the most sympathetic. All coaches have had Murphy's Law happen to them.on the road.at a team they where supposed to throttle. It happens. You don't always come out with a victory.

9. Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

Well it proves that you can recruit to the imagination better than you can to reality.

For one, those coaches voting weren't watching UL win, and the teams that bumped UL in the polls are zero and zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well it proves that you can recruit to the imagination better than you can to reality.

For one, those coaches voting weren't watching UL win, and the teams that bumped UL in the polls are zero and zero.
    What makes you say they weren't watching us win? They may have just not been real impressed with what they saw.

11. Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

What makes you say they weren't watching us win? They may have just not been real impressed with what they saw.
    I don't think active coaches have the spare time to watch the teams they vote on.

12. Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

I don't think active coaches have the spare time to watch the teams they vote on.
    I know with certainty that most coaches don't vote.their SIDs do.

Coaches are not voting, the SID or what ever they are called now do the voting.

Default Re: Rankings

If you look at the polls right now,
    AP hasn't added B1G teams yet, but the Coaches' Poll has.

I was thinking this year they did

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information