Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: 2020: Louisiana's Run Through the Rankings

1. Default Re: WE'RE #3

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    We have the opportunity to use this season as a springboard for years to come. It's right now. The #19 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns are already one of the big stories the sports world is following. We can't let it slip. If we (UL) can fulfill what this team is capable of, then it's not going to matter if the season is an asterisk, the stage is set for the Cajuns to burst on the national scene. We don't want to be a one year wonder, asterisk or not.
    We are already looking at year 2. Discussion of this win almost always ends up with this - this team won 11 games last year - this is not a fluke - they have something good going on down there at Louisiana.

Default Re: WE'RE #3

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We have to take care of the things we can control. A positive is that Saturday's game, the game after that and the game after that are all on ESPN2 or ESPN. The two Saturday games are at 11 am and if we win those, we once again own national highlights. Win and the talk about us continues.
    Not just win, but win BIG when you're supposed to. If UL struggles & hangs on, they will say they are most likely a Cinderella feel good story. Go out & crush GSU & GSU & they will say your name. beat App. State & they will begin to respect your name. Run the table & make them invite you to the "Big Dance" & they will praise your name. Win a BCS game & they will FEAR your name.

I agree. We have eyes and ears across the nation like never before. And this is a golden opportunity to raise our brand. But we have a very very small limited window. A single loss and poof

4. Default Re: WE'RE #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Not just win, but win BIG when you're supposed to. If UL struggles & hangs on, they will say they are most likely a Cinderella feel good story. Go out & crush GSU & GSU & they will say your name. beat App. State & they will begin to respect your name. Run the table & make them invite you to the "Big Dance" & they will praise your name. Win a BCS game & they will FEAR your name.
    KeeYaw!

I like.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    What are your thoughts on a 45-14 victory? Can we do it?
    Well, if we are going to get to 45, Georgia State is going to have to help us. I am of the belief that until our WR grow up a little, our defense will carry us. I can buy the 10 for GSU, though.

Well, if we are going to get to 45, Georgia State is going to have to help us. I am of the belief that until our WR grow up a little, our defense will carry us. I can buy the 10 for GSU, though.
    We are very receptive to any help the panthers wish to give!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

I think I would agree with this. We put up 31 against ISU but that was with 2 special teams TD's for which scoring is not very common or consistent. I think that while we will have success against GSU running the ball, it won't be the success we're used to because they will stack the box. We are not as talented on the outside nor are we as balanced on offense right now so I'd predict slightly lower scoring.

Jay, what time are y'all leaving for Atlanta today?

9. Default Re: WE'RE #3

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Jay, what time are y'all leaving for Atlanta today?
    >.so with the Big 10 cranking up this yearwhere will we be ranked? How many move ahead of us?

“Oh, Vanderbilt hosted Arkansas and lost”. standings the following week: Arkansas >> # 17!

“SEC!SEC!SEC!”🤮

11. UL Football UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

The 2-0 Cajuns, however, did fall from four spots from No. 21 in the coaches poll heading into Saturday morning’s ESPN2-televised home opener against Georgia Southern.

12. Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

I can't believe 0-0 teams are ranked going into the 4th week of the season.

I guess I shouldn't be since a bunch of 0-0 coaches are voting.

Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

You know what.at first I was a bit aggravated that 13 teams that haven't played a football game yet are ranked ahead of us. Now, I am kinda happy that all of these teams are being considered in the polls.

The last thing I want is for us to have a great season, be ranked, and have all the naysayers (you know who I am talking about) say we should have an asterisks by this season because not all teams participated. Lets just keep winning and stay in the polls with EVERYONE. GEAUX CAJUNS!

Default Re: UL still nationally ranked after win that wasn't pretty

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The 2-0 Cajuns, however, did fall from four spots from No. 21 in the coaches poll heading into Saturday morning’s ESPN2-televised home opener against Georgia Southern.

I think adding 5 Big Ten teams to the poll had EVERYTHING to do with the drop. What a crappy thread title.

15. UL Football Louisiana Stays Put in AP Top 25 Poll

Louisiana is once again at #19 in this week's poll, the same slot they were last week.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information