Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2020: Louisiana's Run Through the Rankings

1. Default Re: AP Poll: #19 Louisiana

First ranking in the modern era. Last ranking was AP #15 in 1943.

In fact, Louisiana holds the distinction of having the longest time gap between recorded AP rankings. (1109 weeks I believe?)

2. Default Re: AP Poll: #19 Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    We’d not be ranked if all the schools were playing ball. Take this with a grain of salt.
    No need to shoot ourselves with our own asterisk. Enjoy it while you can.
    Last edited by Gumbeaux; September 13th, 2020 at 07:47 pm. Reason: typo

Default Re: AP Poll: #19 Louisiana

We’d not be ranked if all the schools were
    playing ball. Take this with a grain of salt.
    I will not take it with a grain of salt or an asterisk. The conferences that decided not to play did just that”decided”. we whipped a ranked team on their field. I know everyone’s calling Iowa state over rated now. But they might still contend in the big 12. They didn’t lose a game by 17 last year. What we did deserves the recognition. Now keep winning and climb the ladder.

If we go undefeated and make the playoff I’ll put an asterisk. Haha. But access bowl would be 100% earned.

4. Default Re: AP Poll: #19 Louisiana

I’m taking it. Not our fault conferences bailed.

This has been an incredible 36 hrs. Absolutely oozing with Cajun pride.meanwhile the haters are out in full and looking like petty jackarses to the entire nation.

Saw we were #23 in Massey a few moments ago.

Eventually I knew we would get ranked under Napier.

While I like the National attention, this just doesn’t feel like the real deal to me. Too many teams not playing football this year and not even factored into rankings. Great win, but would have been so much sweeter to watch this particular team have a regular season with fans in the stands.
    Not sure what you think the real deal is, but this is a great opportunity for the school to grab some glory & this program to make a big leap forward. When life hands you lemons & you make money selling lemonade, do you give the money back because it doesn't feel right? This football team is really good. And if they keep their focus & continue to play football the way they did Saturday, they will have as good of a season as they have ever had. And that will be back to back great seasons. They need to have their minds on taking this conference for their own this year. Screw App. St. & Ark. St. This is the year of the Ragin Cajuns. and anybody who loves the school, or the program should be dancing on air right about now. UL #19 in the AP. Sounds pretty real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Not sure what you think the real deal is, but this is a great opportunity for the school to grab some glory & this program to make a big leap forward. When life hands you lemons & you make money selling lemonade, do you give the money back because it doesn't feel right? This football team is really good. And if they keep their focus & continue to play football the way they did Saturday, they will have as good of a season as they have ever had. And that will be back to back great seasons. They need to have their minds on taking this conference for their own this year. Screw App. St. & Ark. St. This is the year of the Ragin Cajuns. and anybody who loves the school, or the program should be dancing on air right about now. UL #19 in the AP. Sounds pretty real to me.
    Oh I know this team is special. That’s why I wish we could have seen them have a normal season. I think they would have cracked the top 25 this year (all teams included).
    Say what you will, it was a great win but the whole #19 ranking feels like a bit of fluff at the moment.
    I love our team, love our coach, and will be rooting for that 11-0 year and enjoying every minute of it. I remain realistic as it relates to our #19 ranking after 1 game.

9. Default Re: AP Poll: #19 Louisiana

I understand the take, I do, but to me having a $100 million dollar budget and getting ranked in a normal year, feels like a little bit of fluff.

I'm just happy Louisiana has has fielded a football team for 120 straight years.

Oh I know this team is special. That’s why I wish we could have seen them have a normal season. I think they would have cracked the top 25 this year (all teams included).
    Say what you will, it was a great win but the whole #19 ranking feels like a bit of fluff at the moment.
    I love our team, love our coach, and will be rooting for that 11-0 year and enjoying every minute of it. I remain realistic as it relates to our #19 ranking after 1 game.
    I understand what you are saying but I also agree with BWK in regards to the "lemonade" comments. While there are a number of teams not playing this year that will shrink the pool of possibilities, its also a situation that has allowed us to play games, midday, on national television and show the country how good we really are. That is an opportunity we are rarely given. Having fewer teams and conferences playing this year may allow us to garner even more attention so we have to take advantage any way we can.This year may do more to allow us to build our brand.

Iowa State was ranked in polls that took into account all 130 FBS teams. It wasn't a "covid season" ranked win. It was a ranked win any way you slice it.

Let's not ever take away from what these guys just did.

130 teams or 70+ teams, we were a top 25 contender. We just made it sooner and a little higher than anyone may have expected. Now you've got to validate it by continuing to win.

Coming into this season, I really liked having Mizzou late in the season for our first P5 road victory. Once that all changed, thanks to Draconian sanctions over the Nursing Home flu, starting out with a ranked team on the road with an offense like Iowa State's was less than optimal. We just dominated that ranked ISU squad on the road. Looking forward.App State and UAB are the two big hurdles in our way. Take care of both of those.and the others as well.nothing to keep us from an NY6 bowl bid.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: AP Poll: #19 Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Coming into this season, I really liked having Mizzou late in the season for our first P5 road victory. Once that all changed, thanks to Draconian sanctions over the Nursing Home flu, starting out with a ranked team on the road with an offense like Iowa State's was less than optimal. We just dominated that ranked ISU squad on the road. Looking forward.App State and UAB are the two big hurdles in our way. Take care of both of those.and the others as well.nothing to keep us from an NY6 bowl bid.
    Arkansas State will be a huge game this year after the way they performed against Memphis and K-State. Besides, the polls just painted a big, bright target on the CAJUNS' backs, so EVERY game's going to be tough from here on, and that's how they should prepare for them!

We would have been ranked maybe 6 or 7 spots lower which would be #25 or knocking right on the door if you look at all the other higher ranked teams in the preseason and assuming they all win. I don't think it changes that much, this is a top 25 team as they have proven. We were knocking on the top 25 after finishing last year with a solid bowl win, I believe we were an other receiving votes. This win just further solidifies the ranking in my opinion. We shut out a ranked Big 12 contender 21-0 on the road in the second half.
    Last edited by cajun55; September 14th, 2020 at 12:37 pm. Reason: added text

I think this is appropriate https://youtu.be/0dWZHAHBQAw

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information