Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2020: Louisiana's Run Through the Rankings

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana makes Coaches poll

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Wow. Are we ahead of the sooners too?
    Yup! The sooners are in the "Others getting votes" list for the first time in my lifetime that I can remember!!

2. Default Re: Louisiana makes Coaches poll

Sooners fell out of the rankings

3. Default Re: Louisiana makes Coaches poll

first time they've been unranked since 2014 - first time they have lost consecutive games since 1999.

And for extra ouch - first time they lost in Ames since 1960

4. Default Re: Louisiana makes Coaches poll

Recognition is fun when it is EARNED. The Cajuns have earned it the old fashion way - on the field.

5. Default Louisiana Football Ranked No. 23 in Latest National Polls

Louisiana Football returned to the national rankings for the third time this season after being voted No. 23 in both the Associated Press Top 25 Poll and the USA Today Amway Coaches Poll.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Default Re: Louisiana makes Coaches poll

It’s been mentioned many times, but polls should not be released until the 3rd or 4th week of play each season. Rankings ought to reflect the status of the current team, not on historical performance or status.

The best I can tell, I am sure I messed up somewhere, there are 16 of the 62 voters that did not vote for us. Most of those that did not vote for us represnet teams or conferences that are not playing yet.

“Most of those that did not vote for us represent teams or conferences that are not playing yet”.
    Arrogant
    Sanctimonious
    Privileged
    West coasters and northerners/ Midwesterner
    Hypocrites !

10. Default Re: Louisiana makes Coaches poll

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    “Most of those that did not vote for us represent teams or conferences that are not playing yet”.
    Arrogant
    Sanctimonious
    Privileged
    West coasters and northerners/ Midwesterner
    Hypocrites !
    ✔️

Coastal game is huge now.

Nice to see, but 2 special teams plays against Iowa State don’t make me a believer yet. If they beat Coastal and App State, I’ll have more confidence. Too bad the App State game got pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Nice to see, but 2 special teams plays against Iowa State don’t make me a believer yet. If they beat Coastal and App State, I’ll have more confidence. Too bad the App State game got pushed back.
    Ok take away the 2 special teams TDs but add the 2 chip shot field goals we missed. We still win the game. Of course if we don’t return the kicks who’s to say we wouldn’t have scored on one if not both those drives. We held a high powered offense to 14 points, 0 in the second half. ISU scored over 30 against TCU and OU. I also think the Georgia schools are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Didn’t we shut out Iowa St. the entire second half? It was more than just two special team plays.which were set up by the team anyway.

Good point on the D, but Georgia State scoring 31 scares me. My fingers are crossed!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information