Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 UL Development

Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Are you all saying that this group was going to pay $30MM a year to lease vacant land. I'm extremely confused.
    What’s confusing about it? Once again athletics would become to focal point of the university. It’s as simple as that, just like Authemant crushes athletics so has T Joe

Are you all saying that this group was going to pay $30MM a year to lease vacant land. I'm extremely confused.
    No, $30M a year in a lease for a development that would be built out with the Bass Pro Shop as your major anchor. It also included commitments from 12 other retail businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm certain there are some out there. The current environment with Covid-19 and colleges cutting funding across the NCAA suggest the job market is not that great right not for a move. My gut tells me once Napier is gone, he will be as well. But he can't be thrilled about Dr. Savoie delaying his extension for a year.
    Got ya, thanks

4. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Turbine, unless I didn’t understand the info I got yesterday, it was 25 years at $30M per year. Which would have easily been covered by the franchise’s that were scheduled to commit.
    I have no idea what Louisiana was actually offered. If you got the "total" payment info correct, I'm ecstatic.

And yes, the way you worded it, it would be $750 million. "a straight 25 year lease for $30M annually." That would be an agreement of $750 mil over 25 years.

SlappyCajun worded it "$30MM over 25 years" That is $1.2 mil a year.

"over" is the timespan of payment.

Rogan just got his podcast broadcast rights purchased by Spotify for $100 mil over so many years, not $100 million each year of the deal.

Drew Bree's has a $50 million dollar contract over 2 years. That breaks down to an average of $25 mil per year for two years.

Like I said, I have no idea what Louisiana was actually offered.

5. Default Re: Here we go again

I don't even go to Walk Ons because it's connected to Louisiana State Underachievers.

6. Default

Drive over to Denham Springs, right off of the interstate. Take a look at the development. Now, imagine it surrounding a renovated CajunField.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have no idea what Louisiana was actually offered. If you got the "total" payment info correct, I'm ecstatic.

And yes, the way you worded it, it would be $750 million. "a straight 25 year lease for $30M annually." That would be an agreement of $750 mil over 25 years.

SlappyCajun worded it "$30MM over 25 years" That is $1.2 mil a year.

"over" is the timespan of payment.

Rogan just got his podcast broadcast rights purchased by Spotify for $100 mil over so many years, not $100 million each year of the deal.

Drew Bree's has a $50 million dollar contract over 2 years. That breaks down to an average of $25 mil per year for two years.

Like I said, I have no idea what Louisiana was actually offered.
    Slappy was asking questions, he didn't say the deal was worth $30M. I spoke with the person that met with the developers when they came to Lafayette. Those are his figures.

What the ____ is wrong with the leadership at this university?! Is this proposal a done deal and “dead in the water”?

I’m beyond lost as to why the administration turned this down!

I’m not saying Bass Pro wasnt interested, but that seems like an odd location compared to all of their other locations (primarily along interstates)

I know the development well. I was trying to understand the math and business behind the University getting $30MM a year.

There is no way they got that for a ground lease, it makes no business sense. If it's for developed property, that still seems high. But admittedly, I don't know the terms of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Drive over to Denham Springs, right off of the interstate. Take a look at the development. Now, imagine it surrounding a renovated CajunField.
    Funny you mention that. I’m passing it right now headed to Hammond.

Turbine, there is no speculation, that’s what was offered plus major commitments towards Cajun Field renovations. Torpedoed by our Marxist university president.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I’m not saying Bass Pro wasnt interested, but that seems like an odd location compared to all of their other locations (primarily along interstates)
    They were looking at the initial development in that corridor potential growth, eventually tying in to the Cajun Dome and Convention Center, and Stadium Sponsor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Funny you mention that. I’m passing it right now headed to Hammond.

Turbine, there is no speculation, that’s what was offered plus major commitments towards Cajun Field renovations. Torpedoed by our Marxist university president.
    Why exactly? Because he is a Marxist?

This makes my blood boil! USLing this whole situation!

14. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Slappy was asking questions, he didn't say the deal was worth $30M. I spoke with the person that met with the developers when they came to Lafayette. Those are his figures.
    The developer they talked to should have worded as a deal worth $750 million over 25 years.

The Louisiana IPF got $1 million over 10 years, or $100,000 per year.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s very simple. Control.

T-Joe is light years better than his predecessor but has no interest in Athletics becoming “bigger” than the University itself.

Im glad someone finally posted some details about this. If you remember, a couple different posters have been hinting about this for a while now. It’s a big reason why I’ve stopped beating the drum so loudly.

And there is MUCH more to it... I was surprised that Maggard signed a 5 year extension with what he has to know about missed opportunities around here. The ONLY reason that we are not in the AAC and/or nipping at the heels of a P5 invite is our own incompetence.
    He really cannot be that dumb, right? He has to understand that what is good for athletics is good for the university as a whole. Unless he is just content to stay in neutral, but I dont really see evidence of that.
    This would be a great public/private venture that would bring immediate and long term boosts to our economy, so I guess its natural for it to go down in flames. F---sometimes we cannot get out of our own way.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information