Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 UL Development

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I'm not into real estate nor am I a developer, but I don't see how $30mm per year makes sense if it was proposed. I would be all for that kind of development if it was real and I think those of you focusing just on Bass Pro and the location are missing the big picture. You have to look at the total development and the uniqueness that it would bring to the table.

Admittedly I would not be a person to say it would work or not but I think our President owes it to the community and alumni to meet with these folks at a MINIMUM. Anything else is unacceptable in my eyes.
    They met maybe a few times and said “We will get back with you.”

Also, the project would’ve also included another shopping promenade with condos.

Not to mention, the Lourdes property were also in these conversations. Pass by there today, and you will see the weeds growing in the air.

Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    They met maybe a few times and said “We will get back with you.”

Also, the project would’ve also included another shopping promenade with condos.

Not to mention, the Lourdes property were also in these conversations. Pass by there today, and you will see the weeds growing in the air.
    But do you really think $30mm/year could be recouped by the developers or was this a good idea but the numbers wouldn't have worked anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    But do you really think $30mm/year could be recouped by the developers or was this a good idea but the numbers wouldn't have worked anyway?
    Yes, split between 12 prominent business isn’t that unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yes, split between 12 prominent business isn’t that unfathomable.
    As a lease payment, I don’t think it makes any sense. That’s almost 300k a month. For rent

5. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    As a lease payment, I don’t think it makes any sense. That’s almost 300k a month. For rent
    Turning down Three Quarter of a BILLION dollars with no loss of ownership when you gave away 100 acres for six million?

This doesn't add up. 1.2 million a year makes more sense and I could see him maybe saying no if he learned from his first mistake.

Even at the low rate Louisiana would make more money in 6 years than they made from the Horse Farm.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    As a lease payment, I don't think it makes any sense. That's almost 300k a month. For rent
    The deal was put on the table as a starter, we have no idea what it would look like in the end. But the person that gave me that number has been doing those type of deals for years. Whether it would have ended up being $30M or $20M in the end, it amounts to 2/3rds of your current athletic budget, before selling one ticket, parking pass, fee or hot dog. It's unconscionable to not have even consider the deal or at least looked at something in writing. But given the decisions he has made in recent months, this isn't as much of surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The deal was put on the table as a starter, we have no idea what it would look like in the end. But the person that gave me that number has been doing those type of deals for years. Whether it would have ended up being $30M or $20M in the end, it amounts to 2/3rds of your current athletic budget, before selling one ticket, parking pass, fee or hot dog. It's unconscionable to not have even consider the deal or at least looked at something in writing. But given the decisions he has made in recent months, this isn't as much of surprise to me.

Agreed 100$ T joe needs to broaden his circle of henchmen and speak to the alumni who live in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Turning down Three Quarter of a BILLION dollars with no loss of ownership when you gave away 100 acres for six million?

This doesn't add up. 1.2 million a year makes more sense and I could see him maybe saying no if he learned from his first mistake.

Even at the low rate Louisiana would make more money in 6 years than they made from the Horse Farm.
    Turbine, Dr Savoie’s statement on BLM will end up costing the university about $15-20M in current donations next year.

9. Default Re: Here we go again

Turbine, Dr Savoie’s statement on BLM will end up costing the university about $15-20M in current donations next year.
    It's called "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish."

An old British phrase I believe.

10. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Agreed 100$ T joe needs to broaden his circle of henchmen and speak to the alumni who live in the real world.
    Or he could have spoken to Mr. Vic or MAT and I’m pretty sure he would have gotten the same encouragement.

11. Default Re: Here we go again

On this one, maybe just consult Mr. Vic. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    On this one, maybe just consult Mr. Vic. Just sayin.
    I’ve been told that if he doesn’t publicly walk back the comments on BLM he will lose millions in support. Especially from families who’s names are on prominent buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Or he could have spoken to Mr. Vic or MAT and I’m pretty sure he would have gotten the same encouragement.
    What exactly did T joe say?

14. Default Re: Here we go again

I've been told that if he doesn't publicly walk back the comments on BLM he will lose millions in support. Especially from families who's names are on prominent buildings.
    In the FDT video case, it was a bunch of young athletes and it did not really get blown up until the coach demanded that they not be villified. Even that hurt funding and donor relationships.

This is the ____ President of the University speaking. That's troubling, very troubling.

So first a couple of clarifications please.

Is it Kroenke or Greinke? My guess is if land development everyone has meant Kroenke.

T, you mentioned this was a few years ago, so it would pre date Dr Maggard?

I am not so much concerned with the numbers, as I am with the professional aspect of this. If Dr Savoie just ghosted these people and refused to meet with them, that is flat dereliction of fiduciary duty.

I know how a lot of 'deals' can be time-wasters and tire-kickers. That is why you have people vet them for you and bring the ones that have a degree of realizability to you. If that was done and you still don't make the time to listen, how are you being a good steward of for the people you are serving. Not only that, but you get a reputation as listening to your people's advice, how do you attract good people?

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information