Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: 2020 UL Development

Default Re: We Need This At Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by BigSaucey View Post
    Why can’t we do this at Cajun Field?
    You’ve done it now! The owner of the LA Rams was going to develop the area around Cajun Field in conjunction with the university. T-Joe said NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You’ve done it now! The owner of the LA Rams was going to develop the area around Cajun Field in conjunction with the university. T-Joe said NO!!!
    Are you serious ?? Really that is sad

USLing it.

3. Default Re: We Need This At Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Are you serious ?? Really that is sad

USLing it.
    https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...58#post1234858

That’s terrible

Name:  IMG_5205.gif
Views: 353
Size:  747.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That would take people who WANT to be big time and who WANT to succeed in athletics. We hate money and have no vision.
    If I remember correctly, architect Stephen Oubre designed an entertainment district around Cajun Field and connecting to the main campus. What is being discussed today happened in 2020 around covid. Is now the time to resurrect this entire concept with the university and the city?

Default Re: 2020 UL Development

Bump.

Three years later, and we are still having the same conversations of scaring away opportunities.

7. Default Re: 2020 UL Development

Holy guacamole, this thread was chopped to pieces. Everything important that was posted has been deleted. lol

Default Re: 2023: We Need This At Cajun Field

Yes, it’s time for an entertainment district around the Louisiana athletic complex especially since the Performing Arts Center will be located there on Congress.

Martin Hall also needs to reinstating axillary funds to athletics. It’s time to invest in all aspects of our great university including the front porch.

We are in the top 3% as a Tier 1 research university. Tier 1 was our goal over a decade ago. Louisiana athletics also needs a goal to compete at the highest level. It may take over a decade, but with strong leadership and vision, we can achieve this goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Yes, it’s time for an entertainment district around the Louisiana athletic complex especially since the Performing Arts Center will be located there on Congress.

Martin Hall also needs to reinstating axillary funds to athletics. It’s time to invest in all aspects of our great university including the front porch.

We are in the top 3% as a Tier 1 research university. Tier 1 was our goal over a decade ago. Louisiana athletics also needs a goal to compete at the highest level. It may take over a decade, but with strong leadership and vision, we can achieve this goal.
    That PAC isn’t happening anytime soon. Estimates now approaching 200 million.

Given the city may have “loaned” 19.9 million to the parish for work in another parish that is at risk of not being reimbursed, along with another 4 million of state holdback over the administration’s definition is different from the state’s regarding a retirement system (the state will have final say), there is a possibility the CoL will finally be like the parish government. Broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That PAC isn’t happening anytime soon. Estimates now approaching 200 million.

Given the city may have “loaned” 19.9 million to the parish for work in another parish that is at risk of not being reimbursed, along with another 4 million of state holdback over the administration’s definition is different from the state’s regarding a retirement system (the state will have final say), there is a possibility the CoL will finally be like the parish government. Broke.
    Thanks Josh Guillory.

11. Default Re: We Need This At Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Attachment 17654

New Orleans has what is known as the Louisiana Sports and Exposition District around the Dome and Arena and it has generated more money than ever thought possible.

Champions Square is a direct result of it.

Having your town's Saturday/Sunday/MNF game as the back drop to a show seems to work pretty damn well.
    so how would tennessee’s be first? unless they are first to explore which also seems false as the thread outlines we explored it?

12. Default Re: We Need This At Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    so how would tennessee’s be first? unless they are first to explore which also seems false as the thread outlines we explored it?
    Three factors at play.

Myopia exists everywhere.

Few want to give others credit for great ideas.

"New" with "first" raises more money.

13. Default Re: We Need This At Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    hell no, not after that non PI call

Just a few thoughts

While Josh is responsible for the $20 million “loan“, the issue with the retirement is much larger and came way before Josh. Goes back to Joey I think.

I spoke to somebody at LEDA about the proposed/alleged development next to UMC, which I think was supposed to include a store similar to the one in Gonzales.

They had never heard of it. I find this pretty shocking, considering not only is it in their backyard, it would actually be part of the development in which they are located. I just don’t think it was a thing.

I mentioned a development district back then. The district would necessarily/theoretically included a geographic area bounded by Johnson Street, Bertrand, to erase Landry, to the backside of the UL property, to the coulee and back to Johnson Street.

It would be necessary to do so because much of the land is state owned

And I know of at least two business owners, one being Tim Metcalf, who are particularly conservative. Who is going to convince them that they should pay an additional 1/2 cent sales tax for entertainment/sports?

Our legislative delegation is doing nothing to advance. I 49.

And they all get free tickets to TSAB games.

I don’t think a conservative delegation is going to push this.

Finally, Steve Oubre is an architect. He didn’t put together a plan, he presented pictures.

The Alden report is just that, a report. Just recommendations.

Neither document has an associated matrix or schematic or roadmap on how to proceed with accomplishing their concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Just a few thoughts

While Josh is responsible for the $20 million “loan“, the issue with the retirement is much larger and came way before Josh. Goes back to Joey I think.

I spoke to somebody at LEDA about the proposed/alleged development next to UMC, which I think was supposed to include a store similar to the one in Gonzales.

They had never heard of it. I find this pretty shocking, considering not only is it in their backyard, it would actually be part of the development in which they are located. I just don’t think it was a thing.

I mentioned a development district back then. The district would necessarily/theoretically included a geographic area bounded by Johnson Street, Bertrand, to erase Landry, to the backside of the UL property, to the coulee and back to Johnson Street.

It would be necessary to do so because much of the land is state owned

And I know of at least two business owners, one being Tim Metcalf, who are particularly conservative. Who is going to convince them that they should pay an additional 1/2 cent sales tax for entertainment/sports?

Our legislative delegation is doing nothing to advance. I 49.

And they all get free tickets to TSAB games.

I don’t think a conservative delegation is going to push this.

Finally, Steve Oubre is an architect. He didn’t put together a plan, he presented pictures.

The Alden report is just that, a report. Just recommendations.

Neither document has an associated matrix or schematic or roadmap on how to proceed with accomplishing their concepts.
    CM, this is just another example of someone floating an idea out there and immediately the hook gets swallowed as gospel.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information