Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 UL Development

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It very well could and probably was, but one only knows by doing the due diligence. No where in this thread does it sound like due diligence was done by UL's leadership.

On another note, I am still hazy on the timing of this proposal. CajunT states it was a few years ago, where my reading of cajun4life is that this is very recent, especially when the thread is titled 'Here we go again'. Can anyone give the actual time frame for this, please?
    Right around the time Maggard was hired.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Just playing devils advocate bc I’m bored...if due diligence wasn’t done on this deal, how can anyone be in a position to have all the details and determine this deal was great that we dropped the ball on?...is t-joe the only one who doesn't know the details that are being reported on this site?
    Once again, a respected member of the administration walked away, in large part because of the lack of interest shown by TJoe (and a few others). Over this project and previous boondoggles. This is not a secret. I’m happy it finally made it to RP.

Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Once again, a respected member of the administration walked away, in large part because of the lack of interest shown by TJoe (and a few others). Over this project and previous boondoggles. This is not a secret. I’m happy it finally made it to RP.
    Here we go again. This happened when I broke the debacle with Russo Park. Attack the messenger because the numbers don’t line up. Not the fact that there was incompetence all the way around by the administration.

It very well could and probably was, but one only knows by doing the due diligence. No where in this thread does it sound like due diligence was done by UL's leadership.

On another note, I am still hazy on the timing of this proposal. CajunT states it was a few years ago, where my reading of cajun4life is that this is very recent, especially when the thread is titled 'Here we go again'. Can anyone give the actual time frame for this, please?
    About a year and a half to two years ago.

5. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Here we go again. This happened when I broke the debacle with Russo Park. Attack the messenger because the numbers don’t line up. Not the fact that there was incompetence all the way around by the administration.
    Yep, it’s the fact that there were numbers and nobody decided to see whether they add up or not. It’s the old don’t worry, we still have the Car Show and Marci Gras attitude - or just maybe, that might affect the Car Show or Marsi Gras 🤔 so we cant do that?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The baseball stadium debacle was straight up
    Incompetence. At least there was effort in actually building the gosh darn thing.

In this case, we didn’t even return a phone call to break ground or even sign on a piece of paper.

7. Default Re: Here we go again

Remember the temporary uproar when Tom Benson went to the State seeking concessions for the Saints to stay in Louisiana?

He was asking for $15 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The baseball stadium debacle was straight up
    Incompetence. At least there was effort in actually building the gosh darn thing.

In this case, we didn’t even return a phone call to break ground or even sign on a piece of paper.
    It’s a typical response of people who can’t accept that their buddy screws the pooch all the time.

To be clear, I know nothing of the deal and have no opinion as to whether the admin messed up. It’s entirely possible they did. On that point, I have no reason to doubt you, MAT, or T. I’m ignorant as to what happened. My only comment was that $30MM a year sounded outside the bounds of reality.

With regard to the Lourdes property, does the university own that? I thought the Diocese or nuns did?

10. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    To be clear, I know nothing of the deal and have no opinion as to whether the admin messed up. It's entirely possible they did. On that point, I have no reason to doubt you, MAT, or T. I'm ignorant as to what happened. My only comment was that $30MM a year sounded outside the bounds of reality.

With regard to the Lourdes property, does the university own that? I thought the Diocese or nuns did?
    Louisiana does not own the old Lourdes property. The place of my birth is still off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Right around the time Maggard was hired.
    Dr Maggard was hired on February 1, 2017. This deal has been dead for 3 years or so?

12. Default Re: Here we go again

Dr Maggard was hired on February 1, 2017. This deal has been dead for 3 years or so?
    Sounds like it was aborted before it was even allowed to have a heartbeat.

I think Dr. Savoie is probably a good dude, but I see him as a guy that is trying to keep things safe and finish out his remaining years without upsetting the apple cart. So, he can ride out with his pension.

I agree, but my recollection was this was posted on RP not that long ago in a way that made it sound like we better not screw this up this time.

Regardless of the money, it sounds like T-Joe and others screwed the pooch. I am trying to understand why this is coming out now versus summer of 2017. Are the details just coming out?

I agree, but my recollection was this was posted on RP not that long ago in a way that made it sound like we better not screw this up this time.

Regardless of the money, it sounds like T-Joe and others screwed the pooch. I am trying to understand why this is coming out now versus summer of 2017. Are the details just coming out?
    The details are just coming out now. Mainly because of the alienation of serious donors who were involved in this process. The Administration’s stance on #BLM has seriously damaged the ability to fund this university through private fund raising. So several people who are in the top 150 university donor list are spilling information in order to get the normal Boudreaux to understand the type of mismanagement that is guiding this university.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information