Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 UL Development

Default Re: Here we go again

I once heard Dr. Maggard say “Louisiana being Louisiana” in reference to what’s holding our athletic department back. I didn’t understand that statement at the time, but I am starting to understand it. We can only go as far as T-Joe will let us. I believe this administration owes RCAF investors answers to these questions. There is too much speculation and not enough facts. Do we have a plan to develop an entertainment district around our athletic complex that will financially supplement the department?

As for BLM and investment opportunities, they are separate issues. Most people support both ending systemic racism and creating financial opportunities for our athletic department. It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that this information is coming out right now since T-Joe has taken a stance to support all students with anti racism policies. Someone clearly doesn’t agree with his stance on BLM, but if the information in this thread is true, we deserve answers to our lack financial investment in Louisiana athletics.

I can say with out a shadow of a doubt that Bass Pro isnt coming to Lafayette, but at one time Lafayette was a spot they were interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I once heard Dr. Maggard say "Louisiana being Louisiana" in reference to what's holding our athletic department back. I didn't understand that statement at the time, but I am starting to understand it. We can only go as far as T-Joe will let us. I believe this administration owes RCAF investors answers to these questions. There is too much speculation and not enough facts. Do we have a plan to develop an entertainment district around our athletic complex that will financially supplement the department?

As for BLM and investment opportunities, they are separate issues. Most people support both ending systemic racism and creating financial opportunities for our athletic department. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that this information is coming out right now since T-Joe has taken a stance to support all students with anti racism policies. Someone clearly doesn't agree with his stance on BLM, but if the information in this thread is true, we deserve answers to our lack financial investment in Louisiana athletics.
    Supporting BLM will not end racial injustice. In fact, BLM's manifesto clearly calls for actions which will create more conflict between races. BLM is also a proudly Marxist organization, as declared publicly and often by its leaders. And while we do have racism in this country, just as does every other country on the planet, we most assuredly do NOT have systemic racism.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Supporting BLM will not end racial injustice. In fact, BLM's manifesto clearly calls for actions which will create more conflict between races. BLM is also a proudly Marxist organization, as declared publicly and often by its leaders. And while we do have racism in this country, just as does every other country on the planet, we most assuredly do NOT have systemic racism.
    For once I would like to read a thread that stays on topic without you going down ____ road

5. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I once heard Dr. Maggard say “Louisiana being Louisiana” in reference to what’s holding our athletic department back. I didn’t understand that statement at the time, but I am starting to understand it. We can only go as far as T-Joe will let us. I believe this administration owes RCAF investors answers to these questions. There is too much speculation and not enough facts. Do we have a plan to develop an entertainment district around our athletic complex that will financially supplement the department?

As for BLM and investment opportunities, they are separate issues. Most people support both ending systemic racism and creating financial opportunities for our athletic department. It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that this information is coming out right now since T-Joe has taken a stance to support all students with anti racism policies. Someone clearly doesn’t agree with his stance on BLM, but if the information in this thread is true, we deserve answers to our lack financial investment in Louisiana athletics.
    Talking about Louisiana being Louisiana, Bucees was interested in locating in either BR or LAFAYETTE and threw in the towel because of State and Local political beauracracy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBullDog View Post
    For once I would like to read a thread that stays on topic without you going down ____ road
    Here is a topic. Let’s take the money out of the equation and just say the developer would pay for the entire Cajun Field renovation. Why wouldn’t the administration take the free renovation for a retail/entertainment district surrounding the athletic complex. Why wouldn’t he want athletics to finally secure a foothold writhing Lafayette and Acadiana. Legitimize the Ragin Cajuns brand, and regain some footing lost to LSU over decades of neglect.

Or the deal with WalkOns that was completely separate from this deal and would have funded the full Russo Park plans. Nope, none of that was done.

Now let’s talk academic advancement. I started in 1998 and finished up in 2006, we have been a CUNY’s hair from Tier 1 since 1998....supposedly. But here we are in 2020 and we are no closer to Tier 1 or Carnegie 1. But we are progressing, T-Joe hasn’t done diddly poop.

7. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by OldBullDog View Post
    I don’t think VO introduced BLM to this thread and so you are off again just like the comment you made to me. Get up on the wrong side the bed this morning? Go back to bed and get up on the other side. Have a happy day.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Let’s take away the numbers for just a second.

The fact of the matter is that we had people with some massive financial prestige in the business world that showed interest in investing in our university and community, and we sat on it by not returning a phone call.
    I have no disagreement with you on that. A large part of this thread has been about 30 mil PER YEAR and that was the only thing I was discussing in my reply.

The problem is that the 30M a year number was introduced and instantly this thread lost creditability. I get that a great opportunity was lost, but the whole deal would sound fishy to most people after reading the first post and some that defended that number. IMO, this narrative does not serve the cause because a casual reader of this thread would quit reading after the first page.

Now, do I believe that Dr. Savoie screwed the pooch on this one? Yes! It sounds like the university has missed out on a great opportunity, but I think 30M is a big stretch. So I applaud the effort to get the word out, but I just think the cause would be better served by not exaggerating the numbers to the point of absurdity.

This is just my 2 cents worth and I am not meaning to offend anyone.

10. Default Re: Here we go again

Well, the last time C4L dropped a bomb like this, people got hung up on the numbers... and it resulted in multiple reassignments, a firing of the AD (call it what you want. He was relieved of his duties), massive uproar within the community, donors walking away, a media member being suspended and months of discussions..

I wouldn’t get too blinded by the number.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, the last time C4L dropped a bomb like this, people got hung up on the numbers... and it resulted in multiple reassignments, a firing of the AD (call it what you want. He was relieved of his duties), massive uproar within the community, donors walking away, a media member being suspended and months of discussions..

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

It’s more of the principle of kicking the can down the road once again for the 1000x on an opportunity that could’ve moved our university and community forward.

Again, take a look at the old Lourdes property. We have been sitting on that for over ten years now, and the place is still collecting dust.

We have also had consultants who have told us our potential of getting into a bigger conference even with getting offered aid in a business model in doing so by the likes of Louisville, UCF, and TCU. Still haven’t returned their call. But that’s for another time.

13. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Here is a topic. Let’s take the money out of the equation and just say the developer would pay for the entire Cajun Field renovation. Why wouldn’t the administration take the free renovation for a retail/entertainment district surrounding the athletic complex. Why wouldn’t he want athletics to finally secure a foothold writhing Lafayette and Acadiana. Legitimize the Ragin Cajuns brand, and regain some footing lost to LSU over decades of neglect.

Or the deal with WalkOns that was completely separate from this deal and would have funded the full Russo Park plans. Nope, none of that was done.

Now let’s talk academic advancement. I started in 1998 and finished up in 2006, we have been a CUNY’s hair from Tier 1 since 1998....supposedly. But here we are in 2020 and we are no closer to Tier 1 or Carnegie 1. But we are progressing, T-Joe hasn’t done diddly poop.
    What I like about the concept is the more people you can get into Cajun Basin on a casual shopping experience, the more likely they are to come see a game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    This offer could also fulfill another stereotype: “If it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably not” haha
    It very well could and probably was, but one only knows by doing the due diligence. No where in this thread does it sound like due diligence was done by UL's leadership.

On another note, I am still hazy on the timing of this proposal. CajunT states it was a few years ago, where my reading of cajun4life is that this is very recent, especially when the thread is titled 'Here we go again'. Can anyone give the actual time frame for this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It very well could and probably was, but one only knows by doing the due diligence. No where in this thread does it sound like due diligence was done by UL's leadership.

On another note, I am still hazy on the timing of this proposal. CajunT states it was a few years ago, where my reading of cajun4life is that this is very recent, especially when the thread is titled 'Here we go again'. Can anyone give the actual time frame for this, please?
    Just playing devils advocate bc I’m bored...if due diligence wasn’t done on this deal, how can anyone be in a position to have all the details and determine this deal was so great and that we (T-Joe) dropped the ball on this opportunity?...is t-joe the only one who doesn't know the details that are being reported on this site?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information