Thread: LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

1. UL Basketball LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

Like all coaches these days, UL men’s basketball coach Bob Marlin was quick to add the coronavirus qualifier when discussing his eagerness to begin team practice sessions on July 20.

But if all things are allowed to go as planned, Marlin looks forward to begin molding a promising 2020-21 version of the Ragin’ Cajuns.

2. Default Re: LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

prediction: If they wear masks in practice their stamina will go up in high altitude climates.

ps provided they don't have to wear masks in real games.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    prediction: If they wear masks in practice their stamina will go up in high altitude climates.

Prediction: If we wear masks for prolonged periods of time, we won’t have a season.

4. Default Re: LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Prediction: If we wear masks for prolonged periods of time, we won’t have a season.
    This virus is creeping closer and closer each week. Two weeks ago, I knew 1 person who had the virus and personally knew of no others.

Just this weekend and beginning of this week, I found out about 8 people I know who have it or are waiting on test results with symptoms. Thank the good lord I have not been in contact recently with any of them - but it seems to be moving in - closer and closer.

5. Default Re: LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Touché

Default Re: LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

They can't practice with masks let along during games. They wouldn't last 3 minutes on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This virus is creeping closer and closer each week. Two weeks ago, I knew 1 person who had the virus and personally knew of no others.

Just this weekend and beginning of this week, I found out about 8 people I know who have it or are waiting on test results with symptoms. Thank the good lord I have not been in contact recently with any of them - but it seems to be moving in - closer and closer.
    I’ve had to quarantine twice. But once was for only two days. Person who I shook hands with tested positive shortly after. Didn’t know he should mention it to anyone. Just dumb luck. My son is just out of 2 wk quarantine at an O/S base along with family. So far no Covid on their base. Now he can start job. It does feel like fences closing in. Hate being over 3/4 century old. If a young pup might just say the heck with it. But I’m not and my wife sure can’t afford to be exposed

8. Default Re: LA Men's Basketball Season Prep: Masked Workouts, ZOOM Calls, Individual Workouts

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    If a young pup might just say the heck with it. But I’m not and my wife sure can’t afford to be exposed
    You clearly need to stay healthy for her benefit. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    They can't practice with masks let along during games. They wouldn't last 3 minutes on the court.
    Absolutely. Saw a still photo of LeBron on the court sporting a mask. Have not seen any NBA players at game speed with a mask. Didn’t see any in TBT games I watched. LeBron was all for show.

NBA...get running up and down either the mask will go or here comes secondary respiratory infections.

Thread Information