Thread: Bob Marlin excited about program's direction after busy offseason

1. UL Basketball Bob Marlin excited about program's direction after busy offseason

It’s been an eventful offseason for the UL Ragin’ Cajuns men’s basketball program, despite all the inactivity in the sports world since the week coach Bob Marlin’s team was eliminated from the Sun Belt Conference Tournament 82-81 at Georgia Southern on March 9.

And technically, it’s not over yet with the eligibility of two newcomers still in question.

Default Re: iBob Marlin excited about program's direction after busy offseason

This is the first I have seen of a question with Richard’s eligibility. I don’t see why there would need to be a ruling as he is coming out of prep school. I think Foote may have gotten confused with the eligibility questions with Jacobi Gordon from Cal who is still yet to be officially announced by the school.

Default Re: iBob Marlin excited about program's direction after busy offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    This is the first I have seen of a question with Richard’s eligibility. I don’t see why there would need to be a ruling as he is coming out of prep school. I think Foote may have gotten confused with the eligibility questions with Jacobi Gordon from Cal who is still yet to be officially announced by the school.
    There is a question on the eligibility of Richards but a ruling in his favor is expected any day now. It goes back to HS academics. Issue involves a pass fail class which he successfully completed but NCAA not recognizing that as of yet. School is confident enough this will be resolved favorably that he is on the official roster. Apparently other guys in similar situations have had favorable rulings recently due to COVID-19. Gordon’s signing has not been announced. In a radio interview A couple of weeks ago Coach Marlin stated he cannot comment on that guy publicly but expects to be able to do so soon. He repeated that stance in another session recently. I don’t know why that is the case or how “soon” is defined in this instance.

Default Re: Bob Marlin excited about program's direction after busy offseason

Thanks for the update Mike. If by some chance Richards, Akwuba, and Gordon would all be ineligible the lack of size left would be a big concern.

Default Re: Bob Marlin excited about program's direction after busy offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Thanks for the update Mike. If by some chance Richards, Akwuba, and Gordon would all be ineligible the lack of size left would be a big concern.
    Your concern is shared by many. However all 3 not being eligible is thought to be very unlikely.

Thread Information