Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It warms my heart that every basketball thread gets detailed
    Hey, we are solving the problems of the world here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Go to the DMV? If they do not have a car? If they cannot afford the fees associated? Why would we put up barriers? Is it truly democracy if certain people cannot vote?
    Well, I also forgot to mention to just mandate a small tax to allow for basic ID’s even if it is not for driving. That would be something that most would be on board with.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    But the question remains if whether or not we as Americans will change our health habits. People in Nordic countries don’t eat fast food or nasty, processed meat. They also don’t treat you if your sickness is self-induced (lung cancer from smoking). I can about imagine the outcry from Americans if a loved one gets denied treatment after being a lifelong smoker. Yeesh...
    Lots of other countries smoke. One of the favorite dishes of Icelanders is hot dogs!!
    I think that is ok. If someone knowingly harms their health, there should be consequences. Covid is an excellent example.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Hey, we are solving the problems of the world here.
    You darn right!!

Lots of other countries smoke. One of the favorite dishes of Icelanders is hot dogs!!
    I think that is ok. If someone knowingly harms their health, there should be consequences. Covid is an excellent example.
    Ironically, just the way the sausage is made in Iceland probably makes a huge difference.

Well, I also forgot to mention to just mandate a small tax to allow for basic ID’s even if it is not for driving. That would be something that most would be on board with.
    Agreed.
    Or let people vote. Fraud is so rare as to be inconsequential. Voter suppression however is an issue.

Ironically, just the way the sausage is made in Iceland probably makes a huge difference.
    They do love Nathans though. Hebrew National too.

This is a UL fan message board where fans speak their minds on our programs and where we can agree to the views or not. All of it comes with the territory.
    How many times have you gone to the admin or someone of power to voice your opinion was my point. You can freely discuss here your concerns. In my discussion with a someone who works closely with the university, those unhappy with Marlin long term have been few (as of recent it seems like Marlin may be on the hot seat.) and funding for the athletic program is very stressed even prior to Covid. Cutting your support and complaining on a message board won't get Marlin fired and doesn't help UL athletics.

So because my family scraped a subsistence living from the marsh, slaves and their descendants have not suffered oppression?
    Slavery is wrong. That is not being negotiated.
    Nice spin! The institution of slavery is unconscionable, but there are no living slaves today. We have now passed 56 plus years of Lindon B Johnson's Great Society package in 1964-65. And a lot has changed since, including minorities running entire major cities and police departments. Can you explain how institutional racism exist in communities such as Detriot, Chicago, New Orleans and Washington DC? How is it that those communities including 9 out of the top 10 that lead the nation in black murders and run by Blacks and the party they elect?

Institutional racism has all but been eradicated in major minority communities, but corruption and the status-quo remain. As ULvictory stated, there are some areas that need to be addressed, but there others that require some personal responsibility and holding politicians accountable at the voting booths.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    How many times have you gone to the admin or someone of power to voice your opinion was my point. You can freely discuss here your concerns. In my discussion with a relative who works closely with the university, those discussed with Marlin long term have been few (as of recent it seems like Marlin may be on the hot seat.) and funding for the athletic program is very stressed even prior to Covid. Cutting your support and complaining on a message board won't get Marlin fired and doesn't help UL athletics.
    I have expressed displeasure before to the right people. I do it rarely, but I’ve done it before.

Agreed.
    Or let people vote. Fraud is so rare as to be inconsequential. Voter suppression however is an issue.
    Ooof I don’t know about that. We have enough people like illegal immigrants here to turn the knob. And all it takes is a few precincts to forge documents and numbers.

Ooof I don’t know about that. We have enough people like illegal immigrants here to turn the knob. And all it takes is a few precincts to forge documents and numbers.
    I dont have numbers in front of me but I would think that an illegal immigrant trying to vote would be extremely unlikely. That seems like an enormous risk for no reward.

When it is used to straight up pander, then yes.

As someone with Asian blood, I don't want to get chosen or picked to do something because of what I look like. I would rather my qualifications do the talking.
    Asians are already discriminated against. Too many of them knock the entrance exams out of the park. If you let all those that qualify into schools, you would make diversity goals difficult to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Nice spin! The institution of slavery is unconscionable, but there are no living slaves today. We have now passed 56 plus years of Lindon B Johnson's Great Society package in 1964-65. And a lot has changed since, including minorities running entire major cities and police departments. Can you explain how institutional racism exist in communities such as Detriot, Chicago, New Orleans and Washington DC? How is it that those communities including 9 out of the top 10 that lead the nation in black murders and run by Blacks and the party they elect?

Institutional racism has all but been eradicated in major minority communities, but corruption and the status-quo remain. As ULvictory stated, there are some areas that need to be addressed, but there others that require some personal responsibility and holding politicians accountable at the voting booths.
    The answer to the last question is demographics.

I'm guessing that if a race and country of people has a history of seeing another race as inferior and as property, it might take more than a few generations to overcome that.

Or they could decide that one less tier of cable TV or a little less data on the cell phone could easily cover the cost of a gov't issued I.D.!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information