Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

1. Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm defending history as it is, warts and all. Erasing history does not change the course of this country. Removing buildings and declaring all living decendants of the names on those buildings are racist is Cancel Culture. If you do not speak its language...then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished.” This seems to be in contrast to the traditional role of higher education, requiring critical thought and open debate.

The recent petition of Princeton Students and Grads draws a line of distinction between the traditional role of higher education and a movement that would allow be no room for any act of dissent or good-faith debate. I think it speaks directly to what is currently taken place on college campuses today.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/02...cism-training/
    Good luck with that. We’ve been going exactly opposite direction for decades. Now the Marxist feel emboldened to accept the beliefs they’ve camouflaged with terms like progressive. I mean who doesn’t want progress. Also who can simply ignore being called a racist.

The universities are rapidly becoming something as anti American as Mao tactics.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

I'm defending history as it is, warts and all. Erasing history does not change the course of this country. Removing buildings and declaring all living decendants of the names on those buildings are racist is Cancel Culture. If you do not speak its language...then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished.” This seems to be in contrast to the traditional role of higher education, requiring critical thought and open debate.

The recent petition of Princeton Students and Grads draws a line of distinction between the traditional role of higher education and a movement that would allow be no room for any act of dissent or good-faith debate. I think it speaks directly to what is currently taken place on college campuses today.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/02...cism-training/
    I read today that a direct descendant of Lee wants statues of Lee taken down.
    We do not learn history by a name on a building or by looking at a statue. There is a reason we have Holocaust museums but no statues of Hitler or Goebbels.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Please tell me where the statue touched you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I read today that a direct descendant of Lee wants statues of Lee taken down.
    We do not learn history by a name on a building or by looking at a statue. There is a reason we have Holocaust museums but no statues of Hitler or Goebbels.
    I'm not certain I would compare Fredrick Douglas or Abraham Lincoln to Hitler or Goebbels, most rational people would not.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'm not certain I would compare Fredrick Douglas or Abraham Lincoln to Hitler or Goebbels, most rational people would not.
    I'm missing your point.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

I'm missing your point.
    He said you are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    😂

I'm missing your point.
    Their statues have been torn down like Hitler's and other leaders of the Nazi party. That is where the comparison would stop.

I'm missing your point.
    My point is that many statutes are being taken down regardless of their impact upon American History or cultural for one reason, because they are part of the history that is seen as patriarchal white men. That sound very much like what Hitler did, removing all traces of history from society he did not believe in. The same thing that ISIS did in all the areas it conquered and the Taliban did in Afganistan.

The university is hurting itself when the president has decided to join a chorus of social change and disorder publicly. His poor decision is currently damaging the fundraising for the university's athletic and academic endowments.

Major donors are considering pulling their support because our president has decided to invest funds in supporting a Marxist movement and that demands programming of students and the renaming of on campus facilities that are deemed racist. The pulling of funds from the MBB program is the least of our problems right now.
    Can you show me where our President has advocated for, or invested funds in Marxism, “programming of students,” renaming facilities, and “social disorder?”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Can you show me where our President has advocated for, or invested funds in Marxism, “programming of students,” renaming facilities, and “social disorder?”
    Please review his media release and the one from the Liberal Arts Department. Then I will answer your question.

Please review his media release and the one from the Liberal Arts Department. Then I will answer your question.
    I don’t know what releases you are talking about. Do you have a link to them?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I just wasn't going to say it.

His was pretty vanilla and vague IMO. Didn't see too much that would alarm me in the sense of taking drastic measures like renaming buildings and such. Couldn't find the Liberal Arts Dept. release though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I don’t know what releases you are talking about. Do you have a link to them?
    I think this is Doc's.

https://www.klfy.com/local/ul-lafaye...and-diversity/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information