Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I will be renewing mine! Some are starting to sound like the school to the East. "I'm only going if we are winning". I understand if it's a financial burden on some, but to say I'm not showing up until we start winning is beyond my greater love for the university.
    You are half right and half wrong. But you can't blame people for the mediocrity (at best) that we've seen with the basketball program over the last 10-15 years. If people only showed up when we were winning the stadium would be empty.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

I know this is not how it works logistically. But, man it seems like releasing the schedule before ticket renewals start would help drive interest. Would be nice to know what we are signing up for.

I will be renewing mine! Some are starting to sound like the school to the East. "I'm only going if we are winning". I understand if it's a financial burden on some, but to say I'm not showing up until we start winning is beyond my greater love for the university.
    So if fans decide to speak with their money, then they’re “sounding like the school to the East”?

If a restaurant you used to enjoy started serving poor quality food your last few visits, are you going to continue spending your money there?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    You are half right and half wrong. But you can't blame people for the mediocrity (at best) that we've seen with the basketball program over the last 10-15 years. If people only showed up when we were winning the stadium would be empty.
    I'm not blaming them for being upset, but make your voice heard on another platform other than raginpagin. Go straight to those in-charge and make it known of your displeasure.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Men's Basketball Season Ticket Renewals Underway

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So if fans decide to speak with their money, then they’re “sounding like the school to the East”?

If a restaurant you used to enjoy started serving poor quality food your last few visits, are you going to continue spending your money there?
    For many success is just a collateral benefit. They go strictly to support the university they love.

I’ve recently been jilted by my lover. Not sure I can support her regardless of success or failure.

Guess who your hurting when you speak with your money. The University not men's basketball.

If that restaurant was tied to the hip with my favorite restaurant then I would continue to go and continue to voice my opinion with the quality until it got better to save the better. I want to improve the lesser instead of hurting the better.

Where do you think the lack of funds comes from when they can't pay for expenses in basketball. The only option would be to pull from basketball and put in the general fund but guess what, it's going right back to basketball and if you pull it all together you are hurting all the other sports.

Guess who your hurting when you speak with your money. The University not men's basketball.

If that restaurant was tied to the hip with my favorite restaurant then I would continue to go and continue to voice my opinion with the quality until it got better to save the better. I want to improve the lesser instead of hurting the better.

Where do you think the lack of funds comes from when they can't pay for expenses in basketball. The only option would be to pull from basketball and put in the general fund but guess what, it's going right back to basketball and if you pull it all together you are hurting all the other sports.
    This is the dumbest take of the year

Fans fire coaches by closing their checkbook plane and simply no other way to do it

Complaining on a survey will do nothing until you hit their bottom line... See toothpick, Bustle, Hud & Robert Lee

The university is hurting itself when the president has decided to join a chorus of social change and disorder publicly. His poor decision is currently damaging the fundraising for the university's athletic and academic endowments.

Major donors are considering pulling their support because our president has decided to invest funds in supporting a Marxist movement and that demands programming of students and the renaming of on campus facilities that are deemed racist. The pulling of funds from the MBB program is the least of our problems right now.

Well then, I stand corrected. We should sell out the Cajundome every game and show that we are perfectly happy with the current results.

Well then, I stand corrected. We should sell out the Cajundome every game and show that we are perfectly happy with the current results.
    Is that really what you got out of that comment?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The university is hurting itself when the president has decided to join a chorus of social change and disorder publicly. His poor decision is currently damaging the fundraising for the university's athletic and academic endowments.

Major donors are considering pulling their support because our president has decided to invest funds in supporting a Marxist movement and that demands programming of students and the renaming of on campus facilities that are deemed racist. The pulling of funds from the MBB program is the least of our problems right now.
    Welcome to the new norm for sports around the country. If you think we are the only ones doing this you haven't kept up with much of the new sports world. The focus has been moved from fundraising and catering to those who support, to the program to satisfying college athlete demands.

Welcome to the new norm for sports around the country. If you think we are the only ones doing this you haven't kept up with much of the new sports world. The focus has been moved from fundraising and catering to those who support, to the program to satisfying college athlete demands.
    Sure, but it goes far beyond satisfying college athlete demands. It involves making all incoming freshmen take mandatory programming courses in white ___ility and the re-education in American History. But won't stop there, here is the newest demands upon the university, I guess it will remove all names from facilities because of the sins of someone's ancestors.

https://www.klfy.com/local/petition-...tte-buildings/

At some point fans will have to make their own decisions on how much of this movement they are willing to support to enjoy college athletics. My line of demarcation is fast approaching.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Seems strange to draw a line in the sand defending statues, building names, etc. I would guess that the money withdrawn from education because a school tries to do the right thing is money that will be replaced in some other way. See University of Memphis.
    There are plenty of good people to name buildings after.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sure, but it goes far beyond satisfying college athlete demands. It involves making all incoming freshmen take mandatory programming courses in white ___ility and the re-education in American History. But won't stop there, here is the newest demands upon the university, I guess it will remove all names from facilities because of the sins of someone's ancestors.

https://www.klfy.com/local/petition-...tte-buildings/

At some point fans will have to make their own decisions on how much of this movement they are willing to support to enjoy college athletics. My line of demarcation is fast approaching.
    I'm not disagreeing with you on whether or not fans will have to make a decision. I'm just saying this is happening across the nation not just here at the University.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Seems strange to draw a line in the sand defending statues, building names, etc. I would guess that the money withdrawn from education because a school tries to do the right thing is money that will be replaced in some other way. See University of Memphis.
    There are plenty of good people to name buildings after.
    I'm defending history as it is, warts and all. Erasing history does not change the course of this country. Removing buildings and declaring all living decendants of the names on those buildings are racist is Cancel Culture. If you do not speak its language...then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished.” This seems to be in contrast to the traditional role of higher education, requiring critical thought and open debate.

The recent petition of Princeton Students and Grads draws a line of distinction between the traditional role of higher education and a movement that would allow be no room for any act of dissent or good-faith debate. I think it speaks directly to what is currently taken place on college campuses today.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/02...cism-training/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information