Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Coming to town and need restaurant info

I hate to start a restaurant thread, but I need a break and am coming to Lafayette this weekend. Staying at the Juliet and coming in Fri afternoon and leaving Sun noonish.

We will do some of normal things like farmers market and boudin and sausage shopping around town. Also I owe my wife a trip to Revival Antiques in Scott since she was at home for months while the kids homeschooled and apparently when kids go off to college they get more difficult when they are home.

What I need to know is who all might have inside seating and where might be a couple of good dinners while we are in town. Downtown would be great since it would be walking.

We are also probably catch a band at RocknBowl one night so hopefully a good one is playing.

2. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

If they still have crawfish Dwights Restaurant on Johnston Street is open at night.

Open for lunch year round.

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Think Dwight’s shut down nights. About all are open with reduced seating, many with outdoor under a canopy and lots of curb and take out. I still love Bon Temps Grill. For lunch I love Laura II on Johnston. But I love so many of our restaurants.

4. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Think Dwight's shut down nights. About all are open with reduced seating, many with outdoor under a canopy and lots of curb and take out. I still love Bon Temps Grill. For lunch I love Laura II on Johnston. But I love so many of our restaurants.
    When they run out of crawfish or don't have crawfish that meets their standards they close at night.

I'm not sure why, the rest of their menu is fantastic.

Bon Temp Grill is best overall (non-chain) restaurant in Lafayette. Excellent food, causal, nice owners.

Im less than an hour from New Orleans, I can eat crawfish anytime. Im really looking for somewhere that will make my wife happy

We have dine in seating at Jambalaya Shoppe. We are open Monday-Saturday 11-8.

8. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Im less than an hour from New Orleans, I can eat crawfish anytime. Im really looking for somewhere that will make my wife happy
    Dwights.

Crawfish availability is just a gauge for when they are open.

They have won multiple best Rice & Gravy and best BBQ in the Times of Acadiana poll.

Social Southern Table is great place for drinks. I’m picky about my old fashioned & sazeracs...they have great bar keep w/ abundant selection. Their apps were ok.
    Pamplona Tapas downtown is nice experience but can get crowded.

well, since you're staying downtown, there are many good places to eat. Pampola Tapas Bar is right down the street from the Juliet. It's pricey,, but very good. Pop's po-boys is a block away. Their po boys are second only to Olde Tyme.

You said you're going to go to rocknbowl. They have good food. So does Spoonbill right across the street.

Farther down Jefferson, Central Pizza has great homemade pizza. La Carreta has good Mexican and Tsunami has the best sushi in the city, IMO.

And, you can't beat Dwyers for breakfast, corner Jefferson and Garfield.

You could literally eat every meal on your trip, never hit the same spot twice and never get in your car.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Bon Temp Grill is best overall (non-chain) restaurant in Lafayette. Excellent food, causal, nice owners.
    Not even in the top 20. This ain’t South Arkansas...

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    well, since you're staying downtown, there are many good places to eat. Pampola Tapas Bar is right down the street from the Juliet. It's pricey,, but very good. Pop's po-boys is a block away. Their po boys are second only to Olde Tyme.

You said you're going to go to rocknbowl. They have good food. So does Spoonbill right across the street.

Farther down Jefferson, Central Pizza has great homemade pizza. La Carreta has good Mexican and Tsunami has the best sushi in the city, IMO.

And, you can't beat Dwyers for breakfast, corner Jefferson and Garfield.

You could literally eat every meal on your trip, never hit the same spot twice and never get in your car.
    We have become a huge fan of Spoonbill. I’ve had almost everything on the menu and haven’t regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not even in the top 20. This ain’t South Arkansas...
    I would disagree. I really like Bon Temps.

14. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not even in the top 20. This ain't South Arkansas...
    I agree with MAT. I would do any recommendation on this board but that one. Yet to really have a good time at the Bon Temps.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I would disagree. I really like Bon Temps.
    I would agree with you Willis. And I don’t live in South Arkansas. They’re in my top 5.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information